“Great place in a larger group of hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Erie, Illinois
“Great place in a larger group of hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as she was in a friend’s wedding that was getting married in Joliet. I thought the hotel was very nice, the same can be said for the rooms. The whole place was very modern. The room had a nice, small little kitchen in it. The bedroom and bathroom were both clean and roomy. The bed was very comfortable and easy to fall asleep in (from a person who normally has trouble sleeping in hotels). I thought it was bit pricey, but worth it considering how happy we were with our stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Perhaps because of its nondescript exterior, perhaps because it's tucked away alongside I-80, or maybe because it exists in the only stretch of SW Chicagoland without every restaurant known to man, the Marriott TownePlace Suites is a hidden gem. On previous business trips to the area, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn (don't bother) and the Hampton Inn (a nice place), but this will be my new favorite. Of course, it has no restaurant onsite, but the kitchenette is a nice trade off if you're in the mood to orchestrate your own meals. The large refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stovetop give you all the flexibility you'll need.

This facility is almost new, and the appliances and furnishings reflect that. Flat screen TVs face either the couch or sleeping area, and the rooms have all the amenities you would expect in a mid-line hotel.

The complimentary breakfast is a little lacking for anything beyond a carbfest, but I have to admit the waffles smelled great as I was reluctantly walking by! There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to the property if you have time for a nice breakfast; otherwise, both McDonalds and BK are next door. There is a sports bar just across the street, but drinks are pricey and food is typical bar fare. Other alternatives would be nice... maybe next time I'll plan ahead and stock my kitchenette for dinner.

All in all, the Joliet TownPlace Suites are excellent and I highly recommend you consider staying here on your next trip to the Joliet area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Had a great night's sleep in this clean, clean, clean property and the best pillows/mattress I've had since staying in a Westin years ago. If you have to stay near a tollway, this exit was convenient in a great corridor of other hotels nearby. I'm never disappointed in newer Marriott properties, and this one felt new if it wasn't.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I took the advice of other Trip Advisor reviewers and chose this hotel for an overnight stop on our way from Nebraska to Niagara Falls. I am kind of a clean freak and rather picky about hotels so I was nervous about choosing something right along I-80. This hotel looked even better than the website pictures and was clean and appeared brand new. I could have sworn our rooms had never been slept in, but an employee told me it was two years old. So perfect and nicely decorated. The employees were very helpful too. They suggested a great restaurant across the street (Legends and Heroes) and loaned us umbrellas on a very rainy morning. If our return trip had taken us along the same path we certainly would have stayed there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were staying Thursday, Friday and Saturday but we were on a Waiting list for Friday night as they were full. Two days before our trip we got a call and they had a room avail! They went above and beyond for us to get a room. I was very happy as otherwise, I had to stay at the Ramada Limited and that is very run down.
We had a wonderful stay at the Towneplace suites. The minute you walked in it was very inviting. The hotel was decorated in more modern decor.
The rooms were WONDERUL! The decor was so nice and the kitchen counters were like a granite and just very tastefully done. We were in a Studio suite and for 2 people it was huge. It had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Nice big closet and nice bathroom. The beds were super comfy and the hotel was quiet.
I did use the workout room and it was nice and COOL(which I like) and all the equipment WORKED! So many times we go to a hotel and the treadmill is broken or something. The pool area was wonderful---nice and clean and even had beach balls/toys for the kids to play with --which is just a nice guesture because who wants to pack that sort of thing. Right off the pool is a BIG patio with tables and grills. So it's nice to watch your kids swim but yet can be outside enjoying the summer weather.
The breakfast was very nice. waffles, yogurts, fresh fruit all day long along with coffee/teas.
Thanks for the GREAT stay Towneplace Suites Joliet---we will stay here again if we are back in the area for sure!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I've stayed in this hotel 3 times. Good things are as follows. Spacious clean rooms. Comfy beds. Kitchenette and facilties are excellent. Very friendly / helpful staff. Gym area is small, but it doesn't seem to be used. Small pool but great for a swim after being in the gym. Free and quick internet access. There are also print facilities. The breakfast is basic, but OK. Quietness of the room depends upon which one you are in. If you are in an odd number up to X11 you will get noise intrusion from the highway. An even number over X14 and it's pretty quiet.
I liked this hotel and would stay there again, but I would choose my room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel is fairly new and well decorated designed for business travelers. The lobby area, hallways, and rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and tried to please. Free breakfast and internet were great adds.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Marriott Joliet? Share your experiences!