“basic at best” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Jacksonville
wi
“basic at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We were in town for a 30th college reunion weekend, and booked this hotel. It was clean and the staff was pleasant. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. After we checked in, we parked the car and went to the door to get in. We thought our keys weren't working, but it was just that the key-reader was broken at the middle entrance on that side, which was inconvenient. The bed was not very comfortable and my back hurt by the second morning there. The walls were thin, and we were right by the stairs, so we heard everyone coming and going. The second night we had to go out in the hall several times to tell a guest who was talking very loudly on her cell phone in the hallway at 3 am to please stop because we were trying to sleep. She got even louder and profane each time. We called the desk twice, and after the second call we heard someone come up to talk to her, and she finally quit. I don't know if it was security or the police (we asked the desk to call law enforcement if she wouldn't cooperate). We were allowed to check out late because we hadn't gotten much sleep. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. I didn't find anything appetizing enough to bother, so we went elsewhere to eat. I know Jacksonville IL isn't Chicago, so I wasn't expecting a luxury hotel, but I had hoped for a little more. I would stay there again if nothing better was available, but wouldn't really look forward to it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairwells.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alma, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Not sure what they are talking about when they say poor smell or bad place.. very clean, extremely accomodating staff and really saved our stay! Thanks Ameri Host I stayed 7 years ago, I stayed last week and I'll definitely stay again.. great pool, sauna and nice pool room! Beds were comfortable and there was coffee, milk, juice and a kitchen and microwave available 24 hours a day..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Algonquin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Unbelievable!!!! I have stayed at numerous hotels during summer months due to travel sporting events. I have never experienced such deplorable conditions. If AmeriHost recently purchased this property they should close it down and clean it up before putting their name on this property. Front desk very accomodating but the bad outweighs the good at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Takoma Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

The first time I stayed here I was alone so I was less picky. There is a smoke smell in the hallways, the breakfast choices are fewer than at Hampton Inn and the overall condition of rooms, furniture, bathrooms is not as good condition as at Hampton Inn.

In May, I called for a reservation for a non smoking room and was told they did not have one but they would put in a provisional reservation in case one came up. Hampton Inn had a cancellation so we went there instead. We forgot to cancel at Amerihost Country Inn and they charged us 98 for a room we never used. I politely asked them to take the charges off as the reservation was only provisional and the manager refused. Now that I have seen the superior accomodations and better customer service at Hampton Inn -- all for the same price-- I will not be using Amerihos Country Heath again.

Room Tip: Try Hampton Inn first
Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed here while my son played in a baseball tournament. The rooms are nice size and they are clean. The bathroom was extremely small but not a big deal. You can hear everything so if you are a light sleeper you would not want to stay here. The idiots across the hall from us decided to leave at 4 in the morning so they turned the deadbolt so the door would not close (the deadbolt would stop it) and kept going in and out and letting the door slam. It sound like someone was banging on our door. This went on for about an hour. While they made trips to their car. They were walking up and down the hallway talking loud and the door slamming.... I was not impressed with the breakfast at all. I went to Mcdonalds.... They did not have individual servings of cream cheese for the bagels. I don't care to use community tubs of stuff. The appearance was fine but it was way too noisy for me... I guess the hotel cannot control the rudeness of the idiot guests. I personally will not stay there again. I would pay a little more for good sleep. The beds and pillows were not comfortable either.....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jacksonville,Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

The rooms are very neatly kept . The showers are actually clean , i didnt find any hair or soap scum .

The pool is huge and clean .

The lady who was working there when me and my husband stayed was extremely nice .

The doors do slam shut and they are loud . Me n my husband kept going across the hall because my sister was staying too and one of the neighbors got really upset and when we had the T.V on they pounded on the walls and im EXTREMELY surprized they even heard it because my husband kept trying to turn up the volume because it was down so low . and the reason why i had it down so low is so that i wouldnt disrespect any neighbors .

But ive lived in Jacksonville all my life and this hotel is cheap but its the best hotel you could ever stay at !

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Port Hope, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2004

Although Amerihost hotels generally are pretty much identical, they are consistent. This one is no exception. The room is comfortable, and is laid out well for the business traveler. There is a phone jack at the work table to plug in a modem. Further, the hotel provides high-speed wireless internet access free. The continental breakfast is pretty standard, but there are some restaurants in the vicinity.

Been to Country Hearth Jacksonville? Share your experiences!