“Eaglewood Resort - stayed for a wedding being held there” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
A Bed & Breakfast Escape
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Eaglewood Resort - stayed for a wedding being held there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This resort is more business friendly than family friendly. The towers are old and are in need,of modernizing. First room we had had no working phone lines. The maintenance man was the one to report it to the front desk that the lines were not able to be fix. He came back with the new room keys instead of someone from the front desk. In addition since a bellman was not available, the maintenance man moved us. Our view went from partial golf course to parking lot view. The Biggest Loser program sponsored by the hotel takes precedence over the pool and cardio room so you have limited access to both of these amenities. I had a problem with this since you do pay a resort fee to use these facilities. The pool and ladies locker room were not the cleanest. Apparently they check water levels but do not clean the pool everyday. I found a plastic cigar tip in the pool. Not to much oversight at the pool to ensure pool rules are being followed. I spoke with front desk management regarding the problem and they tried to make us happy. He wanted to move us again and we were not happy about doing it again. He took off one night resort fee which messed up our bill and we had to get that resolved as well. A mug of milk and chocolate chip cookies sent up by the front desk manger was a big hit for the kids.

Room Tip: Request golf view. Ice machines only on 6th, 8th, and 10th floor in South Tower. Check to be sure e...
Green Features: A bag in each room for your recycle items. Very nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Eaglewood with us, only through the efforts of guests like you are we able to identify our areas in need of improvement. I am disappointed to learn of the problems you experienced during your stay. Your experience is not typical of what we are accustomed to providing our guests; rest assured the comments will be addressed with the respective team members. We are addressing the issues you’ve raised with our management team to focus on the areas that need improvement to ensure we are constantly offering the Four Diamond service we strive and are known for. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently organized a business meeting for 55 attendees at this hotel. This is our second year back to this location due to the ease of doing business with them. The accommodations are very nice and the staff is excellent. Special thanks to Chris, Anthony and Lori for making our meeting a success.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us; we appreciate the opportunity to be of service. I am happy to see your stay was a very positive one. Your kind comments will be shared with Chris, Anthony, Lori and the rest of the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Beautiful grounds and probably a golfer's dream. We found it odd that the pool and spa were a hefty walk across a parking lot. Even though the YMCA-style pool is indoors, this would be an awful thing in the winter. Lobby and lobby bar offer an impressive first impression with beautiful stonework, fireplace and two-story ceiling. Rooms were quite average (thought it was less-than-resort quality to not have small refrigerators in the rooms). From desk to housekeeping to breakfast service, the staff was VERY accommodating and attentive.

Room Tip: Most rooms have balcony or patio attached. Ours did not and we wish it had, because views of the ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I wanted to go several weeks to Biggest Loser Resort in Chicago. I went out there to take a tour of the facility. All I can say is, as of July 2013, the place was not ready yet and did not meet my expectations for a complete facility.

First off - there were only two gyms completed. Both are essentially big white rooms. One had cardio equipment - lots of it, the other a limited assortment of items to support floor workouts. Both only had very small windows that looked out onto cinder blocks. The floor equipment did not include items expected like kettle bells, medicine balls, etc. There was another room under construction - which was to be completed in a few weeks.

I was told that the hallway connecting these gyms was also used for exercising.

The locker room is common to guests from the hotel - the day I visited there were lots of kids running around and in and out of the locker room. :( not that appealing for town program.

With respect to exercise classes the schedule seemed full. However, when I asked the tour guide (BL employee) to explain the various classes he just responded with "it's cardio" - that wasn't helpful and didn't inspire me at all. Also, the start to the day is a van trip to a local park to walk/run for two hours. Awkward.

Spa also shared with guests at hotel - need to book in advance, no consideration for BL guests on multi-=week visits for discounts.

Made a big deal out of the bowling alley - again, lots of families and kids there.

Bottom Line - when I went for the tour I was prepared to book a month at this place. After the tour I thought it would be a waste of time - better off at a local gym with a personal trainer. Note that I did not stay at the resort at all. Too turned off by this initial tour.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your recent visit. No doubt we’ve had a couple of unfortunate construction delay setbacks with our 3 new fitness studios. Two are complete, and there’s about a week to go on the third. The Biggest Loser Resort Chicago is set up differently from the other resorts. As a resort-within-a-resort, there are other guests on site, but we strive for minimal guest interference—a necessary tradeoff with the added benefit of a AAA four diamond-rated property. And, yes, we make the most of the wonderful nearby parks. Most importantly, however, our guests are experiencing the same sort of results as guests at our other award winning properties.
Elmwood Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went there as a birthday present from my wife so I cannot comment on the pricing or value, but I must say we had a good time there... view on the gold course from our room, nice / clean and very comfortable beds, good A/C, and a great band (www.­sixwheelssouth.­com) was playing at night, by the fireplace outside. Great setting, great breakfast on the terrace in the morning, spotless spa, and well maintained property. Good cocktails, and nice gift basket upon our arrival (Champagne, fruits...).
I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stay on this special occassion was an enjoyable experience.
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just had a "destination wedding" at Eaglewood. Friends and family came from all over the world. This place is just amazing.

The staff at Eaglewood was top notch (and not snooty). We received so many compliments from our guests in regards to level of service, quality of food, professional manner and good nature of the staff, beauty of the hotel grounds, responsive bell staff and other things I can't recall at the moment.

We had a bowling party for our traveling guests at Kegler's. The staff there was amazing. Service with a smile on her face and anticipated every request.

Me and my lovely bride felt special at every turn.

The event planning staff (Robb Rybicki specifically) was spot on with all facets of the event.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors overlooking the golf course are nice. There are two circular towers. All...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments with Robb and the rest of the Team. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to be of service on this very special occasion. Best wishes to you both.
Palatine, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let's start at the beginniing. My wife and I were to attend the wedding of my grandson, I went there the previous day to get in a round of Golf. The pro shop staff were polite and professional. The starter and ranger were friendly and helpful. The course was in the best shape of any that I had played this spring in the area.

The next day we checked in. The hotel was busy with multuple weddings as well as weekenders.
There was still plenty of free parking. The lobby is georgeous and the desk clerks were polite friendly and efficient,

The room was large and clean. they have large balconies and from ours we were able to see a wedding on the lawn, the players on the golf course, a Bocci ball tournament, a bean bag toss tournament and the Downtown Chicago skyline, My wife said that it was the most comfortable bed she had ever slept apon.

The bartenders in the Lobby were friendly, polite, professional and pored a good drink.

The people we met strolling through the hallways were smiling and freindly.

The reception on the Veranda, was exceptional with the appetizers, delicous and flowing. There was a bartender named Eddie who did an exceptional job handling the crowd.

The food and wine at dinner was very good.

Our stay at Eaglwood was outstanding, we can not wait to come back. It will be soon. Maybe to try the Spa.

Checkout went smooth.

My wife and I would recomend Eaglwood to all are friends and business aquaintences.

Check out went smooth

Room Tip: we like rooms ending in 10, 11. and 12
Green Features: the hotel seems to have safe and sound enviroment procedures in place both on the golf course and the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. We are very pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your kind comments with Eddie and the Team. Thank you and we hope to be of service again very soon.

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!