“New Years adult package 2012” 2 of 5 stars

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60143   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“New Years adult package 2012”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

NEW YEARS adult package 2012
- Manager from Eagle wood please not write to me. I do NOT need you to respond to my review since it does not change my experience and you still charge "resort" fees even after people give you bad reviews on it.
CONS:
- So I scheduled the new years package even though the people answering phone couldn't give me info on "is the bar an open bar or cash bar?"
- I never got a message that said that I needed to make a reservation for dinner so I called and had to call numerous times and left numerous messages before I got a call back. I was told that they would be better organized when I got there. Which ended up not being true.
- When we got to the hotel they never informed us of where the dinner was being held we had to ask people as we walked to the lobby
- the beds were really hard.
- The two guys that they got to sing were so BORING. OMG... I thought it would get more upbeat as it went but it didn't until they took a little break and put the radio or cd's on. Definitely not enough when I wanted to dance the year away.
PROS:
- The resort and our rooms were beautiful
- The food was really really good

CONCLUSION
- I will not be going back to Eagle wood (Indian lakes new years party is better).
Share your review

Room Tip: All the rooms on the main floor were loud and had kids screaming since the hotel also host a kids ne...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for your review; sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I will share your comments with our team and look to improve on next year’s event. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Everyone was so very nice. I love the spa, pool, workout room, etc. but I wish it was attached to the property as it was raining and cold.

The food was delicious.

The staff was very friendly/curteous (especially Hayden!)

Just not a place to go solo. Next time I'll be going with someone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Eaglewood . Rest assured I will share your sentiments Hayden and the rest of our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the fnear uture. Best regards.
Palos Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Hi, My husband and I just got back from spending a two night stay. The staff was great from the time we walked in . It was our 15yr wedding anniversay and they upgraded our room to a pent-house suit. Adam Klos and Hayden did everything to make our stay comforted and the best. We misunderstood that there was a fee for internet and parking and pool use and when we ask they remove the charges. The samlon out of this world . Thanks for taking care of us Adam Klos and Hayden

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is wonderful to hear your positive comments about Adam and Hayden; they are a great representation of Eaglewood. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments with the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service again soon. Best regards.
Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed for our 20th anniversary, and they upgraded us to a junior suite for free!!. We did the romance package, and found it to be well worth it. The massages were second to none, and the breakfast buffet had something for everyone. The winery near by was a very nice inclusion to the package as well. Thanks for taking good care of us Charles.

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience at Eaglewood Resort.
Cary, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Its nothing special at all and they rip you off. They say they are going to give you 1 price, then they change the price in the middle of the night and charge you a "fee" for parking and pool use. Done! not coming back to this place!

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for your recent comments; we appreciate the feedback and opportunity to address your concerns.

When booking, guests are notified of the "amenity fee" of $14.95. This does include a number of many things including parking, internet access, bottled water in your room, and use of the fitness center.
Woodbury, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I would have given this property much better overall ratings if the foodservice operation hadn't been so terrible. My recommendation is not to come here without a car so that you can eat elsewhere.

Highs:
- Professional, helpful and friendly staff
- Very attractive property and grounds
- Comfortable bed in very clean rooms

Lows:
- Mediocre service and food in main dining room
- Dirty dishes make me question cleanliness of foodservice operation in general. I had to go through three coffee cups before finding one that didn't have big, fat stains in them. Examining the plates I saw filmy food residue that hadn't been washed off completely.
- Getting coffee, or any other beverage for that matter, in main dining room is like pulling teeth
- Once you get the coffee don't expect to actually taste the coffee (it's so weak) or expect a refill

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at Eaglewood. Only through the efforts of our guests opinions are we able to identify our strengths as well as areas in need of improvement.
I apologize for the service problems you encountered; rest assured that what you experienced is not indicative of our service standards. These comments were shared with our team, both the good and the bad were discussed and corrective actions taken. My apologies once again and I hope we are given the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Best Regards.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We recently had our daughter's wedding at Eaglewood (10/29/11). We also utilized the hotel for the over 100 guests that stayed the night. The entire experience was incredible!! I cannot say enough good things about Eaglewood and their staff!! When we first chose Eaglewood as our venue for our daughter's wedding, we didn't know a thing about throwing a wedding. Eaglewood's event coordinator - Maureen Heckelsberg - was such an amazing resource and incredible help throughout the planning stage. The end result was nothing less than magical!! The food was absolutely fabulous, the service was impeccable, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the venue? Breathtaking!! We had passed appetizers with white glove service, champagne parade (a signature offering of Eaglewood), a delicious filet mignon and Chilean Sea Bass combo dinner that was simply out of this world!!! The seating set-up was done perfectly, the linens and chairs were top-notch -honestly- I could go on and on!! The hotel was just as accommodating!! Beautifully outfitted rooms, rooms arranged in a similar area for all of our guests, worked with us in passing out guest bags to our incoming guests, provided a private area for brunch the next morning for our group, etc. Again - just incredible!! The grounds the Eaglewood is on are beautiful! Golf course, spa, bowling alley, top-notch restaurants, several bar areas, and on and on. You will not be sorry if you used Eaglewood for your special venue, corporate event or simply wanted to have a romantic weekend get-a-way! Do yourself and favor and check them out!

Room Tip: The junior suite is a great option when spending more than an evening away.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, rest assured I will share them with Maureen and the rest of the team. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to be of service on this special occasion. Best wishes to you and the newlyweds!

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!