“I'd go elsewhere.” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
“I'd go elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My kids and I stayed here for a month. Before this location we were at a different extended stay in schaumburg, but decided to go to this one because it was closer to my work. We had no issues at the schaumburg location.

Upon checking in we noticed the room phone did not work. John who was working at the front desk came to take a look and said he would have it replaced the next day. A month later it still was not fixed.

There were greasy hand prints on the wall.

The hall way on the third floor smelled like pot almost every day.

There were people out side smoking drugs often.

But the icing on the cake was when my pay schedule at work changed and I needed to make partial payments. Although I was informed that they normally do not do partial payments it was still accepted. But then the next week, the front desk guy, John, told me they do not accept partial payments and if I could not pay in full I would be switched to the nightly rate which is almost 30 dollars a night more. So I made arrangements for the full amount to be paid. But could not make the payment because john had already switched me to the nightly rate. So with this on to of other things I had to check out. But forgot to tell the front desk. My mistake. So the next day I get a very rude and threatening call from yet again John. Saying if I did not come back he would call the cops. I called back and spoke to who I belive read the manager, who said it was fine they just needed to know when I could pay what I owed. (Seeing as how I checked in on a Tuesday and left the followong Tuesday, I was not sure how I owed anything). So the next day I get another call from John saying of I did not come in to pay the file would be handed over to the police and it would be a criminal matter. After I called the police my self and asked them about this, this is not the case at all. So they also lied to me.

I ended up paying it to avoid the
Headache.

Never The less I have never seen a place so ignorant and money hungry. After reading their consumer report, seems I am not the only one who they have messed with about money.

With this said, I will never stay there again. I also think that John guy is incompetent and needs to be fired and smacked.

the other front deak girls were very nice.

the location is horrible, there was construction right out side on the main road. Thorndale is always packed and you cant turn left onto the road it is on while headed West on thorndale. Which is a huge pain.

I would find another extended stay, there are several in area most of which are happy to have you and thw same price.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Alyusha - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had issues with housekeeping and our staff. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and am coaching our entire team on how to provide better customer service. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. We are taking your comments very seriously and will take action as needed. Lastly, in regards to the billing issues you experienced, we require that our guests pay for lodging in advance. Unfortunately, if a guest is unable to pay any balance and leaves the hotel, our company policy is to report this to a higher authority. We do this with all of our guests to ensure that we are consistent with our policies.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at cit@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed one night at the Itasca location. I got a great rate for a last minute booking but that is where great ended. The bathroom had a small round bar of soap, no shampoo, conditioner or lotion. These hotels boast of a kitchenette, yet when I opened the fridge it was empty. Not even bottled water which was all I wanted. I would even have paid for it but not an option. At least most hotels have some offering in a mini bar but there was nothing. The bulb was burned out in lamp next to the bed. The final blow was the next morning when I rushed to leave and be on time only to discover the clock in the room was not set for the correct time. They do offer breakfast on a table in lobby which was coffee, oatmeal and blueberry or chocolate muffins.
I had always thought this chain was a step above the other budget chains but I was clearly mistaken.

Room Tip: Expect nothing more than a bed and you will not be disappointed,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Weston, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Originally given a room on the second floor, the room was very dirty, example kitchen door handles were black and sticky, bathtub had red marks that with very little effort cleaned off, counter tops not wiped down. The person at the desk was really nice and moved me to an updated room on the first floor. He cleaned it himself while I was moving my things. It was better but still iffy, just didn't feel like the room was clean. Like dishes are left in the room, but nothing there to clean them with. I like another reviewer used sanitizer wipes to clean.

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor have been remodeled
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the front desk associate are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that your room was not as clean as it should have been. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to be sure this does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cit@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Needed place to stay for 6 months. Very happy with overall experience. Staff wonderful especially John. Very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to others. Very quiet and comfortable. Conveniently located to highway and stores. Would definitly choose this location again if we needed a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is a top priority and we truly appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to my staff. Thanks for choosing Extended Stay America and we hope to see you again soon
Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is a really nice and inviting. The second you walk through the doors you are greeted with a very warming "Hello" and "How are you doing today?" The room is always cleaned better then I expected it to be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

closest place to a home like feeling, the staff is very courteous and polite. check in was easy and fast, my room was great, very clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and willing to help. great location with fast access to highways. Guarantee I will continue to use this location every time I am traveling to Chicago. Great job! we need more hotels like this

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I'be been staying here since October of 2012, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The front desk employees are very friendly and will help you in any way they can. The room was clean and put together well when I first started my stay. The once a week cleaning is great, the workers are quick and efficient. They recently added a breakfast grab and go bar that has coffee, oatmeal, fruit and muffins. Great for people looking for something quick on they're way out for business. I would recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca? Share your experiences!