“So So Restaurant.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Munster, Indiana
“So So Restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Having wanted to celebrate my retirement, I elected to go to this restaurant due to the location close to other family members. We had ordered the asparagus appetizer. It was ok. We then elected to order some pasta dishes, chicken and Lake Perch served only on Friday's. The first thing I always check when the food is served is the temperature of the food being served. I like my fish served hot, not just a little warm. It was warm to hot. Not a plus for me. The mashed potatoes served with my meal were also a little warm, not hot. The only thing served at a great serving temperature, were the vegetables served with the meal. The lemon chicken dish was nothing to special. At the end of our meal, I felt as though they wanted us out of here. Staff was removing our dishes even before almost finishing our meal. Lastly some of us wanted to take a little leftover home with us. The staff took our plates away from the table and place our food in containers somewhere in the facility. I want to see what I am taking home and not something taken to a back room. I was ready to throw it out when we got home. Other than that, this is just a fair restaurant at best. They will need to step it up a notch for me to return. There are just too many other restaurants that can provide a better meal and better service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dyer, Indiana
“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have been to the Balagio several times and have never been disappointed. The food has always been excellent as well as the service. Another great aspect of the Balagio is that the prices are reasonable. Great food, service and prices; a winning combination.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Italian Food & Service is Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend just loves this place, as well as myself. Service is wonderful and so is the food. Nice atmosphere, drinks are really good as well. We hit this place at least once a month to get our fill of Italian!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Homewood, Illinois
“great date dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've only been here once before, but i got the same thing when i went on my date--the roasted chicken.. its absolutely wonderful!!! nice glass of reisling, and my date had the salmon--which he really enjoyed also..

Visited August 2012
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Italians should know better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Place ws OK. The food is average, ordinary, plain Italian. Better than Olive Garden, to be sure, but miles and miles and miles below Spiaggia.

Visited November 2011