“Wonderful Food, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Wonderful Food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was a wonderful surprise. We went on a cold winter night & sat by the fireplace with a glass of wine waiting for our dining companions. The restaurant is just beautiful but that's not what we came for. The food was so very good. Our waitress was very friendly & knowledgeable about the dishes, wine & even the beer. I had heard several negative reviews from friends but really wanted to try it for myself & am so happy we did. I had the seafood risotto. It was wonderful with scallops, mussels & shrimp. My husband had the spaghetti squash with roasted vegetables & a side dish of baked cauliflower. Both were really good. My girlfriend had the duck & she loved it. The prices were reasonable for the quality of the dishes we had. I had a glass of house red wine, it was a good wine for the price. The bread is made fresh. My husband & I share the creme brulee, it was wonderful. Going to a high class restaurant like this you don't want to order a hamburger but the description of the burger sounded like it would be good. I may be going back soon to try their hamburger or just sit by the fire with a nice glass of wine.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Beeche
“Great restaurant in South Suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It seems that finding great restaurants in the South Suburbs are hard to find. This is one the best ones we have found so far. Been back several times since October. They do serve some interesting entrees but the menu is large enough to satisfy the person that wants basic steak or fish. Restaurant has nice atmosphere and is very comfortable.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Homewood, Illinois
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I wish they would have regular food. They serve you cold raw sheep its just disgusting. I went on the first day they opened and never went back. Im thinking about going back today though.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Madison
“Amazing food ... amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you are looking for a terrific restaurant with eclectic food, comfortable ambiance and great decor, try The Cottage on Dixie. This restaurant makes its own breads, hamburger buns, sodas, ketchup, desserts -- everything, locally sourced and absolutely fresh. I had the tastiest hamburger I have ever eaten and shared several tasty appetizers with others at the table. Their creme brulee is to die for. Service was fantastic. I am looking forward to my next visit and would eat there often if I didn't live 200 miles away!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Homewood, Illinois
“Great concept for a restaurant using local sustainable food, good ambiance, however, failure to execute any of it well.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

well what can I say? I gave this place 2 chances. I was disappointed both times. We waited quite a while both times. We went once for dinner another time for lunch. For lunch, I got an overpriced hamburger that was not even edible because it was so charred. It came out cold. The waitress never came back to check on us. The rest of my table finished their food by the time she came back and noticed I took one bite of my burger and pushed the plate aside. She comped us a free dessert, however, still charged us for the atrocious burger. I had to chase down the manager to have it taken off the bill. I let him know about the charred burger, slow/poor service, and the error on the bill. He could have cared less, didnt even apologize or try to get us to give them another shot. I will say the place is beautiful inside. They have a great bar and brew selection. I may consider going in to meet a friend for appetizers and drinks. Will not be dining here again. Really a shame, I so wanted this place to do well.

• Visited June 2013