“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Chicago, Illinois
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have family living in a nearby suburb. In order for all of us to congregate we return over and over to this gracious, friendly, accommodating hotel. We love the restaurant staff. The food is great and the service is exemplary. Our children travel here from several different states. The exercise facilities are perfect for some, the pool for others. Every effort is made to meet our needs. There is something for everyone. Shopping is within walking distance. A variety of restaurants, a movie theater, a bowling alley and spa. What else? New lobby even offers Starbucks! This is a great spot for business or leisure. Real customer service.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms at the end of the halls on the upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good evening,
I would like to personally thank you for your generous review of your recent stay at our property. I am very happy to hear that the service and food that you experienced was top-notch, and it seems that everyone you encountered was courteous and hospitable. We strive each day to ensure that our guests are satisfied and happy with their stay, and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful feedback to the team here. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future! Thank you!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. I was one of only a handful of people staying there. The front desk was very fast, but was surprised that I was not offered an upgrade with my silver elite status. The room was clean besides a half used bottle of lotion. The hotel employees were friendly and there is a bar/restaurant. I think there are better value options nearby

• Stayed August 2013
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expecations as a hotel, and would like you to know that we strive to ensure that all of our guests have a top-notch stay with us. Please know that I will make it a priority to share your comments regarding the lotion in your guest room to our Housekeeping team. I would also like to apologize that you did not feel appreciated as a Silver Elite member, and that you were not offered an upgrade at our property. I will most certainly share this feedback with our team here, as this will aid us in ensuring that we are better serving our guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.

Asst. GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had a great pool and we were able to relax and order room service afterwards. The food was delicious and breakfast and service in the restaurant was very good. We will definitely stay here again. There is a Strip Mall within walking distance and the grounds around the hotel are clean as well.

• Stayed August 2013
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your awesome review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property. I am extremely happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, as we are dedicated to providing the highest service possible! I am happy to ready your comments regarding your in room dining experience, and will be sure to share these comments with the culinary and restaurant teams! I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before and I like it.

I arrived really late at 1 am. Requested a nice quiet room and got exactly that. Didn't hear a peep from anyone.

It's clean, easy to park and with restaurants close by.

Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I am extremely happy to hear of your experience here at the Chicago Marriott Northwest. Please know that I am eager to share your positive comments with the team here, as they work extremely hard to deliver an outstanding hospitality experience. I am delighted that you were checked in to a quiet room, as you had requested, and we look forward to being able to serve you again in the future!

Asst. GM
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So far this month I've stayed in this hotel six nights over three visits. The first two stays were not bad at all. This time, however...

Check in was smooth, I got in super late (thanks Delta) and got to my room and got comfy before I realized it was a handicap access room. I hate handicap access rooms. The weird shower, the super-tall toilet seat, the handrails everywhere... it's probably just me, but I hate them.

So I called the front desk to ask for a different room. She said sorry, couldn't do it. They had rooms, but would not change me since I had already "used" this room, they couldn't move me because they couldn't resell my room that night. Ok, can I change tomorrow? No, we're fully booked. But I can take a normal room and you give this one to someone checking in tomorrow. No. Why not? No...

So, the hotel is fine. Hey, it's a Marriott, how bad can it be? But I'm going to ask a bunch of questions before I take the room key when I'm back next week.

Let the buyer beware.

Room Tip: ask first to avoid my problem
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have to travel to Chicago on a regular basis and usually drive there. I always look forward to arriving at this hotel. The staff is friendly and attentive, check in is always smooth, and the hotel is always clean. The recent revamp of the lighting, lobby areas, etc. has created a fresher look while remaining familiar.

Be sure to visit Lisa in the lounge for a drink after work and you won't be disappointed! The food and drinks are on par with what you'd expect from Marriott and Lisa is friendly, fun, and attentive.

Room Tip: I haven't had a room here that was problematic. There are only two elevators for the whole hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cranberry Township PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We drive across the country every summer and it is always a challenge to drive through Chicago. This hotel has easy access on the west side of the metro area. Its before you really get into the high traffic area close to the city. The hotel is a standard Marriot. Beds comfortable. Room clean. Its getting a little dated but generally a nice hotel. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant. There are several eating areas close by and some shopping. Cabelas is right next door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!