“It's a budget hotel, so that's what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Hassell Road, ,I-90 at Barrington Road South, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195-2004   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Hoffman Estates
Delhi, New York
“It's a budget hotel, so that's what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I struggled with what to give this place as a rating.

It was cheap, which was nice. And for only staying one night, it served its purpose. However, a few things brought it down.

I had reserved a King Suite as it seemed worth the cheap upgrade (only a few bucks). When I got there, I quickly checked in and went to my room. It was later at night, so I was looking to cool down, take a shower and relax before heading off to bed.

When I got into the room, I was greeted by an extremely warm room and some black stains all over the carpet (for the record, they seemed like they had been there for a while, nothing new or anything). It just didn't have that feel of a perfectly clean room that I like. I don't mind economic lodging -- in fact, I love it. But I do want to feel clean.

The bathroom was small, but workable. Some of the walls seemed to be peeling a little, however.

I put the system on cool and ran out to find some water and a quick snack and when I came back, it had cooled a little, but the cooling system didn't seem to be working well. It was already midnight and I didn't feel like dealing with it, so I just went to bed.

By the morning, the room had cooled a little more, but not as it should have. I mentioned it as I checked out and I think the person might have made note, but she didn't seem too concerned about it. I would have liked a little bit more of a reaction when someone is mentioning a negative about their motel.

The bedding seemed clean and such, which is good. The internet worked well and I didn't really check the TV as I only had it on for a few moments to give me some background noise as I checked mail and such.

In the end, it's a budget hotel. I paid a little less than 60 per night (AAA rate), so it wasn't bad. I'd stay here again if I needed to, but would look at the other other cheap places nearby (the La Quinta looked very nice and affordable as well). It wasn't a bad stay, but there was just something about it that made it so I can't give it more than an average rating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new lenox
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I have stayed in this inn before and It is like a new place. The staff was friendly Rooms were nice and If you have a problem they rectify it right away.

Room Tip: Book on the red roof site
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hayward, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The business king suite at Red Roof Inn in Hoffman Estates Illinois is the best way to go in that area if you are looking for a reasonably priced quiet stay. The room itself is enormous with plenty of working space and refrigerator and microwave in the room. Located right off Major expressway leading to downtown Chicago. General Manager Mitch Eichman was most helpful in accomodating my requests. I definitely reccomend this hotel for anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune for a good nites sleep away from home. Their contact info is (847)885-7877. Thanks again Mitch!

Room Tip: The king suites are the way to go.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I travel to the Chicago area frequently for both work and leisure...This Red Roof in convenient, clean and friendly...major shopping nearby, and a great staff..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
NEW YORK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed here mid-week and the place was pretty much empty. Very helpful front desk staff. Got to room and found hairs and stains in bed linen after drawing down the bed. A few minutes after that I got a call from front desk asking me if the room was OK. I told her about the problem and she moved me to another room. New room (bed) was much better. Overall a good value (except there is no comp. breakfast, only coffee and free newspaper) for the the price paid.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mount Prospect, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

i stayed there on the sept, 20th it was a great stay!!!! check in n check out where a breeze the staff was helpfull n curtious. the front desk lady Maria was great, always with a smile!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Good service, needs breakfast, bed lamp not working, small screw missing from wall switch-plate. All things corrected immediately. Good staff, Wendy was the best!
Good shower and TV!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!