You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“No Apologies!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for 5 days and we should have switched hotels. Our room was clean but the problems started after our first day. During the day there was a lot of noise from construction beneath us and we had a loud runny toilet. I went to front desk and told them we would be gone for 3 hours, could they fix toilet and they said yes. NO APOLOGY! Back to room, toilet worse. Called front desk and was told they could get it fixed in a few days. What? Why would we stay in a room with a loud broken toilet? I asked for another room. NO APOLOGY AGAIN! We packed all our things and moved to another room. The room we moved into, had dirty dishes in the dishwasher, used soap in the shower and sink, garbage in the trash cans and no appliances. We went to our first and removed all the appliances and turned on the dishwasher. Not my job! I put the trash in the hallway. The next day, I called and told desk our room had not been cleaned and voiced my complaints. NO APOLOGY AGAIN! They came up and gave us clean towels etc. Our 5 days was spent with NO housekeeping. I did not receive a receipt under my door for the last day checkout, when I went to desk I told them not a great stay and all they said was they would check into housekeeping. In fact, my daughter told the cleaning help to remove the garbage from our front door and they directed her to the trasj can. UNBELEIVABLE!

Next item: We used the stairs and my daughter touched the railing and got paint on her hands. There were no signs posted stating wet paint. Hard time removing it. Lucky it did not go on her clothing.

Last item: The breakfast on website looks like hot breakfast. The breakfast we wer provided were muffins and bagels in plastic . Powdered cream for coffee. I have never experienced a stay such as this one.

I am contacting the hotel today about my bill. They overcharged by $50.00.

The only thing that was good was location and very quiet at night time.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel stay on 3rd floor. Noise can be heard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler,

I want to first sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you endured during your stay. Your review in any way was taken lightly with all departments of our property. Renovations or the moving of our front desk was no excuse for us faltering in acknowledging the problems you experienced. We take pride in our quick response to our guest’s needs and ensure, with thorough training, that no other task takes precedence over anything that our travelers needs.
Reading your review makes me wish for the magic lamp that I can rub, setting me back in time where I could have had the opportunity to speak to you during your stay and taking out my magic rug to ensure that they remainder of your stay was magical and uneventful.

We welcome your return to our new, improved, completely renovation free,
Hawthorn Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been very pleased with this hotel for both short term and long term stays. When the renovations are complete this hotel will be outstanding.

They offer all the usuals but laundry and good internet ate both free. The fitness center is nice and all of the staff have been outstanding. I will continue to use this establishment.

• Stayed July 2013
Have we told you lately that we LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your review. We so needed it. Renovations have been…. an adventure. The end result is amazing. 100% renovation is what we received. Our guest rooms, public areas and front desk have been completely revamped and we are proud to introduce to everyone, the only place to stay in Hoffman Estates. From our new look to our outstanding Wi-Fi; we are now a force to be reckoned with. Our staff thanks you for the recognition and anticipates your return.

Your Thankful, Renovated, Thankful, Outstanding, Thankful… Hawthorn Family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates

Address: 2875 Greenspoint Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
Location: United States > Illinois > Hoffman Estates
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Hoffman Estates
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates 3*
The Hawthorn Suites by WY Chicago Schaumburg is located in the heart of the Schaumburg Business District. At Hawthorn Suites by WY Chicago Schaumburg, we put amenities where they count: in your room Thanks to the addition of a FREE Hot Buffet Breakfast and a $2 million total hotel renovation completed in October 2013, guests will experience exciting upgrades within our spacious suites including new carpet, fresh paint, updated artwork, improved lighting, modern bed toppings, granite countertops in the full kitchens, flattop stoves, cherry and granite bathroom vanities, oversized back-lit bathroom mirrors, rounded shower rods for extra space, and spa quality soaps and lotions. The property also features a newly added 500 sq. ft. breakfast area and lounge where our enthusiastic staff serve full hot breakfast buffets and evening manager's receptions. Next to the our free guest laundry area is our completely renovated exercise room that features new flooring, lighting, mirrors, equipment and a motivating mural. But before you even check in at the contemporary front desk in our new lobby or visit our fully-equipped business center, you will be welcomed by the upgraded landscaping, resurfaced parking lot, and freshly painted building exterior. Our location is a perfect choice for both business and leisure travelers. We are located near major highways, minutes from O'Hare Airport, Chicago, Woodfield Mall, Ikea, Medieval Times, Schaumburg Flyers and the Willow Creek Church. The area is also home to such businesses as Motorola, Zurich, Texas Instruments, Verizon, IBM and many more. There is no greater place to be for the finest in dining, shopping and entertainment; with all of these minutes away, you can be assured of comfort and access to the best of Schaumburg. Hawthorn Suites by WY Chicago Schaumburg is located near major expressways, downtown Chicago,Sears Tower, Wrigley Field and Navy Pier. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates Hotel Hoffman Estates
Candlewood Suites Hoffman Estates
Candlewood Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates Candlewood Suites

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.