“Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
LIBERTYVILLE
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room was too loud when the fan kicked in. So, it was either cold or the fan running... In front of my window was one of the building lights and the curtain couldn't be drawn, because the window treatment was only a 12 inch strip leaving me basically in a lit up room the entire night. I asked for more coffee packets and I picked some up from the snack bar but was surprised that I had to buy it. My only highlight was one staff member (Kirsten) who was always very friendly and courteous.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kattia R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for your feedback during your stay in September, as I read your message I am sorry to hear that you thought our window curtains did not close all the way, since they do. I checked suite 305 where you stayed and confirmed that it does work, the white thick curtains that hide the light are behind the decorative curtains right in front of the sheer. The curtains are left open to side when the rooms are cleaned. One of our staff members could have easily shown you how to close the the white thick curtains, all that needs to be done is pull the bar to the middle.
In regards to coffe, at check-in we provide you one decaf and one regular coffee Maxwell packets since we offer complimentary Maxwell Coffee at our store 24Hrs a day. We sell extra packs for guests that prefer to brew their own coffee in the room.
I am delighted to read the Kristen was friendly and courteous since that is expected from all my staff.
Once again thank you and I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Kattia/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was great, it was tucked back in a quiet area, but still convenient to shopping and I90. The free laundry area was very nice since we had to be there for over a week for work purposes. I would definately recommend the hotel (I already told my boss) and would stay there again. Melinda and Felicia were extremely helpful at the desk. My only complaint is that Nicole was not as customer friendly and the lobby is very small.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kattia R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Cindi:
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay, I will make sure Melinda and Felicia are aware that their customer service was appreciated by you.
I am not sure what happened with Nicole, but I will speak with her as well!
I am glad that our complimentary laundry facilities made your life easier...it is a great benefit!
Thank you for referring us to your boss...referrals account for the majority of our repeat business!
We look forward to seeing you again and please let me know when you are returning!
New London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

AC was VERY noisey - It was hard to control the room temp. - small work & sleep & TV areas - TV reception was not clear - no table to eat/work at - we expected much nicer from Wyndham - - - Wyndham does not always honor their specials

Dear valued guest:
We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. Indeed we are aware that our hotel does not yet meet Hawthorn's standards, since we recently joined the Hawthorn Brand of Hotels.
In order to improve our facilities and services our Hotel will undergo a multi-million renovation during early 2013 and all the items you referenced will be corrected, including the addition of 32" HD TVs. We are very excited about the changes which also include expansion of our lobby area in order to make room for our hot breakfast in the morning.
I am not sure what you meant about Wyndham not honoring our specials, but if you have any concerns about this feel free to contact me and I can research your specific situation.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future!
THUNDER BAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The rooms are comfortable and have adequate furniture. The cooking hub could have better fume extraction.,Other than that the hotel and the staff are very pleasant, indeed.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for taking time to write your favorable feedback about your recent stay.
Your comments reflect our efforts to offer "great value for your money" and always trying our best to exceed guests' expectations by offering a clean, safe and friendly experience.

In order to improve our facilities and services our Hotel will undergo a multi-million renovation during early 2013. The fume extraction you mentioned will be corrected, including the addition of 32" HD TVs. We are very excited about the changes which also include expansion of our lobby area in order to make room for our hot breakfast in the morning.

We hope to see you again soon!

Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, was better than I expected. Clean, quiet, easy to get to places I needed to go. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you're looking for fancy...nope. If you're looking for clean, pleasant people, roomy, convenient...good choice.

Dear Scott:

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback.

It is a great to read that our guests appreciate the value we offer, as you said a clean, pleasant staff, roomy and convenient.

Once we undergo renovation in early 2013 our hotel will offer greater value...stay tuned.

We hope to see you again during your next business trip to Hoffman Estates!

NEVIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is close to freeways but in a quiet area. Everything in it is clean and new. The kitchenette has a microwave, full size refrigerator and dishes making it easy to eat in. grills and picnic tables were available outside.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Demi B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler,

Location defiantly is the key to a successful hotel as well as having the privilege to house guests such as you. We are happy to hear that we were able to give you all the comforts of home during your venture. We hope you had the opportunity to visit all the great places in Hoffman and welcome your return.

Until we meet again,

Your Hawthorn Family
MARYLAND HEIGHTS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The rooms are so dirty and smelled so bad I had to have the attendant move me to another room in which wasn't much better! I will never stay at a Hawthorn ever again! I paid 86.00 for a night at the Hawthorn and right across that hotel is a very nice clean hotel the Hilton Inn that only would be around $80 a night.
Think twice before book a room at the Hawthorn!

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kattia R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Ms. Rose T:
Thank you very much for taking the time of your busy schedule to write your comments, and in reviewing the history of your reservation I noticed that your Hotels.com reservation came through to our Reservation System as a Smoking Room. That is the reason you were pre-assigned a smoking room, and when you notified our Front Desk Agent she was able to move you to a non-smoking room. I realize first impressions are hard to erase, but our staff is always willing to work with our guests to make sure we try to correct any mistakes in their reservation to help our guest enjoy their stay.
Once again thank you for your comments, we always read them to make sure our hotel is on the right track to offering great service!
Kattia Reyes, General Manager

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!