“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was in Barrington. We utilized the shuttle, enjoyed the breakfast and LOVED the location! Staff was over the top willing to help with anything and very friendly. The lobby area was comfortable to sit in after we came back from the wedding. Although some headed across the street to a bar and it was just across the main road so they could walk back. The shuttle was on time and they were very polite. The breakfast here was very good. You could order pancakes, waffles, French toast, and omelets along with the buffet. All in all a great experience. They also had a nice fitness room and a pool which we never really had time to use. We did sit outside on Saturday morning in their comfortable outside area. I would highly recommend this Hilton for a stay in this area. By the way, there was another wedding group staying there that night, but the lobby was big enough to accommodate all groups without being crowded.

Room Tip: Our room was backed up right to the elevator (by our choice) and you couldn't even hear it all...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kyle B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hello awayagain127,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about the experience you had while staying with us. I’m very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all ways! I will make sure to pass your comments along to the team, I’m sure it will make everyone’s day! Again thank you for your time and we look forward to having you as a guest on your next trip to Hoffman Estates.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hotel was great. The staff was friendly and efficient. I got the room through Hotwire but turns out their price was about the same as Hilton's website. Next time, I'll go directly to Hilton's site.

The room was clean and large. Staff war friendly and efficient. Pool was clean and warm. The breakfast looked great but we had plans to eat elsewhere.

One of the high points was the mattress. It is one of their air-adjustable units. It was the best night sleep I've had in months. I am looking into buying one.

Stayed May 2014
Kyle B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
CaptainOzone,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our location. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our "Garden Sleep System" beds. I will make sure to pass your comments along to our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Hoffman Estates area.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I see there are previous reports of bedbugs and the hotel continues to have issues. I stayed there this April, and had bed Bug Bites over my legs.I saw Medical professional who confirmed that iI was bitten by bed bugs. I just went through previous reviews, and the hotel claims there were no bed bugs. Obviously they have a bed bug issue, and should do something about it. I hope I can help other travelers from this experience. I also was advised to dry clean all items that were in the room

Room Tip: Inspect for bedbugs before settling in.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ryan S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I am very sorry for the issues you had while staying with us. The health and safety of our guests are very important to us. Anytime an issue like this is brought to our attention a professional company is called out to inspect the area and ensure the rooms are safe for use. If the rooms are not safe for use the rooms would be put out of order and the professional company would treat the areas and they would not be put back in until given the okay from them.
New Providence, NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Excellent hotel - great location. Nice clean rooms - very comfortable. Quiet sleeping keeping the after party in the lobby only. Easy access to reception. Hotel staff very accomodating. Free internet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ryan S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that the hotel and staff were able to meet your needs while you were in town for a wedding. Hopefully we will be able to see you again soon.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just all around a great hotel. The price was so reasonable. It was clean and had great staff. Love the Kuerig's in the room, now! It has a lobby bar and a restaurant that we didn't get to use, but there were other restaurants very close by and lots of shopping strip malls. Great location. Putt-putt golf course very close by, too for some leisurely fun.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
I am glad that you found the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates to be in a great location and easy to find things to do. The Keurig coffee makers have been a great addition to our rooms and we are glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I took a cab from O'Hare thinking I would be walking distance from something - not the case. The hotel was nicely finished, with the standard amenities, but there is no breakfast included in the room price, and the only option was the buffet for about $10.00. Also no paper to purchase.

The night before, I did visit the nice little bar with super friendly wait staff. Good food, but somewhat limited menu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Kyle B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you so much for posting comments about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates. I am happy that you like the finishings and amenities that we offer here. The hotel does offer shuttle service during certain hours in the morning and evening to get guests where they need to go.
I am also glad that you found our staff to be very friendly and we hope we have you as a guest in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a standard stay at a Hilton Garden for me, staff was friendly, room was clean and well put together. They still have the old style inflatable beds that I'm not a huge fan of, but the chain seems to be replacing them gradually with normal beds that don't suck. Was very unhappy with being charged for a breakfast when I used the 'complimentary breakfast' coupon I was given, and even left the waiter a tip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kyle B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear David E,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your recent stay with us. I’m sorry to hear you don’t like our “Garden Sleep System” beds. As far as your restaurant experience, please do not hesitate to contact me and we can resolve any issues with the charges you occurred. We hope to have you as a guest during your next trip to Hoffman Estates!!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!