“Wonderful Hotel & Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Illinois
“Wonderful Hotel & Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lovely hotel & great staff. Avni was working the front desk & she couldn't have been any more helpful with her knowledge of the hotel and recommending nearby restaurants and things to do. Very satisfied!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was here for two weeks and very much enjoyed my stay. Good location, excellent front desk staff and cleaning crew. Tea and coffee were always available downstairs. The downstairs lobby ended up being a great place to get work done in the afternoons. There's no restaurant in the hotel, but there is plenty of food available nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Ok this hotel is alright overall. It has been updated and is in good location. However the fitness center is horrible. They have the same broken down equipment they have had for the last 4 years. However this Hampton is within walking distance of several Ok eateries. I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times and the staff has always been inconsistent. They really don't do a good job of recognizing preferred customers except at the front desk. This hotel could be a great hotel with a few minor improvements. I prefer to stay there vs the Hampton in Elgin which is the one on airport rd. I noticed several comments about the smoke smell in the review, however this hotel is way better than the one in Elgin as far as the smoking. Really can't figure out why smoking is allowed at any Hilton property.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HAMPTON INN H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you very much for bringing-up to my attention that there is some equipment in our fitness room that is broken. I truly apologize if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration. In regards to the smell of smoke, I can totally empathize with this being an inconvenience for you; however, I am glad to inform you that very soon all our Hilton properties will be non-smoking.

In any case, I thank you for your review and again, apologize for the inconvenience you went through. I do hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was here on business and checked in after my meeting was done around 7pm. I had reserved a non-smoking room. When I they went to give me my key, I asked if it was non-smoking and they said they didn't have any left and that even though you reserve non-smoking, it doesn't guarantee you. They said if it really bothered me I could go to the hotel across the way and they wouldn't charge me.
I decided to stay in the smoking room which smell likes a combination of smoke and bad air freshners.
Other than the smell, the room was clean, bed was fine. I've stayed at the Hyatt across the street and would likely stay there instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for the weekend supposedly in a non smoking room. However, smoking rooms were below and around us and the smoke odor was noticeable throughout the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was okay but the seating is strange. Some of the chairs are so low that the top of the table was at chest level and i'm 5 foot 7 inches tall. There is nothing near it and after our relatives with cars left we had one more evening for dinner and such. We had to walk thru four office building parking lots to find a restaurant and had to settle for IHop. No bar and no food other than snacks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is in a fine location, if you like office parks. It is at least a 10 min walk to an IHOP or Chilis. My family and I stayed there this weekend for an anniversary party nearby. I had a non-smoking room since I am VERY allergic to cigarette smoke. The room itself didn't have that smell of cigarette smoke but the shower curtain did as did the hallways. It was so bad that I had a hard time breathing - lots of allergy medication was needed to get through the weekend. It didn't help that the air conditioner / heater and refridgerator ran alot and loudly. All of the furniture and the bathroom counter were really high. It was good for me at 5ft 8 but might be too high for shorter people. There was a post-it note (see photo) stating that the comforter and sheets were clean but as I found a really long black hair on my comforter (about 12 inches longer than my hair) I wonder about the truthfulness of it. They provide a nice breakfast but the chairs with arms are too short for the tables. The staff was helpful and pleasant. I would not return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!