“esa hillside - a suburban jewel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Chicago, Illinois
“esa hillside - a suburban jewel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have been staying at ESA in Hillside since mid-April, waiting for the completion of my home rehab. With a 60 lbs German Shepherd, it sur4ely was not easy to find a place! From the very first contact, the staffers at ESA here were most friendly, professional, and accommodating. Believe me, at first I thought, "oh my, these young folks may be difficult to deal with.." WHY? Because most of this last generation communicates differently with the baby boomers than we are accustomed to... The ease of getting service, the speed of how requests are accommodated, the patience and kindness with which all communication occur (mine and those I observed around me) were simply heart warming. Especially for an extended stay, when one is somewhat dependent on those around you.

The simple basic room I had at a reasonable cost was sufficiently spacious and the kitchen and WIFI worked very satisfactorily. Shopping of all short is within a reasonable walking distance and a cinch to drive to; there are plenty of malls nearby, too, and the City (except during rush hours) is accessible by car within 20 minutes --- there is playground nearby (about a city block way) and plenty of places for sniffing dogs to wander on the leash with you. The neighborhood is friendly if you are - greet you and engage in a chat if needed. Housekeeping is responsive and friendly - the janitor and "help me fix this" man has the patience of a saint - and the young staff is well-trained and organized.

Security is responsive should guests become loud - which actually has not happened during my long stay but I noticed security walk the premises as did the Hillside Police patrol several times each day and night in their patrol cars. The hotel is near an expressway (I290) ramp, so normal caution is advised. The convenience of the expressway and a Metra Station with parking for a small fee is within 1.5 miles and adds to the convenience. There are plenty of restaurants which will deliver and while here you MUST try DiLeos - some of the best Italian food in these parts of Chicagoland.

So, between the staff and the location and the conveniences I can only highly recommend choosing Hillside ESA for short term or long term accommodations.

My gratitude for your welcoming attitude!

Gabriele

PS headquarters: add a few benches outside and think about extending the gran-n-go br4akfast with some healthy alternatives.. although fresh fruit was good!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our free Wi-Fi and our location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel was very dirty. There were food on the ground when I first walked into my room. They do NOT clean your room everyday, which ALL hotels are supposed to do. In order to get new towels you have to walk to the front desk with your old towels. Hairdryer was not provided in the room, you have to walk to the front desk to grab one and return it within an hour. The hallway smells really bad and is super dirty. I felt very disgusted and uncomfortable and I will NEVER go back. I recommend people to not even bother going here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee. Also, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please contact me directly at hil@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Elgin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, one of the cleanest I've been to. The kitchen in room is fabulous. Was overall nice. Will book again. My third time staying there and satisfied each time. I highly recommend this one here

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for writing a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked this hotel because it had a nice rate and a good location to Fitzgerald's nightclub in Berwyn, IL. Newly remodeled rooms were a nice surprise and the grab-and-go breakfast was just right. If you have time, hit Q's Pizzeria - it's about 2 minutes away from the hotel. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Brian – Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and our new renovations. As well, it’s great to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast met your needs. We really appreciate your comments, as they will help us in continuing to provide enjoyable stays to all of our guests. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Calumet Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I purchased this room via Hotwire w/out reading the reviews (terrible mistake). Young people hollering in the hallways after 1:30am and at 7:30am someone in the next room was hammering on the walls. Bad experience overall.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay with us. Your comments will be considered as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to further discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at hil@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just stayed there one night, but it was worth the money. The room was clean, and there were no burns/stains on the bedding, or in the room. Only thing I did not like was there were NO staff there 24/7 in case ya needed something after 11 P.M.

The WIFI was good with decent speeds...

We felt safe and comfortable at the hotel....We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Roger – I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is great to hear that your room was clean and that you felt safe and comfortable during your stay with us. Guest safety is one of our top priorities, so I am glad we were able to meet this goal. As well, I’m glad that our free Wi-Fi met your needs. Still, we apologize that you were unable to locate our staff after 11pm. Our front desk is staffed between 7am and 11pm; however, members of our staff are always present and can be reached at any time by using the lobby phone.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
COAL VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed here to do a three day training at the Bellwood Moose Lodge. Everything was good, location, price, location. Only things lacking was the was the breakfast selection and no hair dryer in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Quiet olace
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that our grab-and-go breakfast selection did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that you enjoyed your room, our hotel's location and the affordable rates we offer.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!