“Nice Clean Room!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“Nice Clean Room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just stayed there one night, but it was worth the money. The room was clean, and there were no burns/stains on the bedding, or in the room. Only thing I did not like was there were NO staff there 24/7 in case ya needed something after 11 P.M.

The WIFI was good with decent speeds...

We felt safe and comfortable at the hotel....We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Roger – I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is great to hear that your room was clean and that you felt safe and comfortable during your stay with us. Guest safety is one of our top priorities, so I am glad we were able to meet this goal. As well, I’m glad that our free Wi-Fi met your needs. Still, we apologize that you were unable to locate our staff after 11pm. Our front desk is staffed between 7am and 11pm; however, members of our staff are always present and can be reached at any time by using the lobby phone.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
COAL VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed here to do a three day training at the Bellwood Moose Lodge. Everything was good, location, price, location. Only things lacking was the was the breakfast selection and no hair dryer in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Quiet olace
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that our grab-and-go breakfast selection did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that you enjoyed your room, our hotel's location and the affordable rates we offer.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Always stay at Extended Stay Hotels because they are pet friendly. I was very pleased with check in. Receptionist was very friendly and courteous. The hotel and surroundings are kept clean, and price was affordable. Quick access to Chicago's main highway made it easy to visit the city. Will certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. It's great to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. Also, I am glad you found our location convenient for your stay.

Appleton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unfriendly arrival upon check in, no hair blow dryer in the rooms, you have to ask the front desk staff for one and you have to return it back once you are done. The grab and go breakfast is literally just muffins, granola bar, and coffee. Dogs are welcome there and you guess it, the halls smell like dogs. Carpet is unclean and it felt unsafe in the room. Our TV was left on and when we came back a few hours later, it was turned off. My toothbrush was removed from where I placed it. It was really shady and I felt unsafe. It was cheaper if I booked through the extended stay website or number. If you arrive and just try to get a room, you are playing additional $30 for a shady place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Angelic - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our staff did not welcome you to our hotel properly and that your room was unclean. Please know, our housekeeping staff will clean while guests are not in their rooms so that they do not interfere with your daily schedule. I am truly sorry if something was out of place after this happened and that their work did not meet your expectations. In response, I will be working with the entire team to revamp our cleaning procedures. As well, I will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hil@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
West Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm coming to this place on business. Every time the room is clean and staff is friendly specially Maria and her manager. I will recommended this hotel, I like those rooms with micro oven, fridge and stove. I will stay in this hotel every time I'm in Hillside area.
Thank you.
Jana

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Jana - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that the rooms are always clean. It is great to hear that you find our staff to be friendly.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was very pleased with the way I was treated by the staff at this location. I couldn't be happier with the fast response to any questions or concerns I had about my accommodations. The room was clean and in good condition. Yes, the furniture is older but it was well taken care of and that is a huge plus in my book. The kitchenette was a major benefit during my stay because I could cook what I wanted without incurring the costly eating expenses often found at hotels that do not have kitchenettes. I felt like I was in my own mini apartment while I was there and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely return to this location upon visiting Hillside again. :^)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor offer greater quality. Third floor is designated for smokers though there a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the kitchen in your studio. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a good place to stay in a pinch and the price is very good for the room. The staff is friendly, the room is clean, and they have a fridge and stove top so it's kind of like a home away from home. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Priceline has really good deals for this company
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Joe - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that our staff provided you with friendly service. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!