“Clean and very friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Des Moines, Iowa
“Clean and very friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Always stay at Extended Stay Hotels because they are pet friendly. I was very pleased with check in. Receptionist was very friendly and courteous. The hotel and surroundings are kept clean, and price was affordable. Quick access to Chicago's main highway made it easy to visit the city. Will certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. It's great to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. Also, I am glad you found our location convenient for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Appleton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unfriendly arrival upon check in, no hair blow dryer in the rooms, you have to ask the front desk staff for one and you have to return it back once you are done. The grab and go breakfast is literally just muffins, granola bar, and coffee. Dogs are welcome there and you guess it, the halls smell like dogs. Carpet is unclean and it felt unsafe in the room. Our TV was left on and when we came back a few hours later, it was turned off. My toothbrush was removed from where I placed it. It was really shady and I felt unsafe. It was cheaper if I booked through the extended stay website or number. If you arrive and just try to get a room, you are playing additional $30 for a shady place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Angelic - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our staff did not welcome you to our hotel properly and that your room was unclean. Please know, our housekeeping staff will clean while guests are not in their rooms so that they do not interfere with your daily schedule. I am truly sorry if something was out of place after this happened and that their work did not meet your expectations. In response, I will be working with the entire team to revamp our cleaning procedures. As well, I will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hil@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
West Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm coming to this place on business. Every time the room is clean and staff is friendly specially Maria and her manager. I will recommended this hotel, I like those rooms with micro oven, fridge and stove. I will stay in this hotel every time I'm in Hillside area.
Thank you.
Jana

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Jana - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that the rooms are always clean. It is great to hear that you find our staff to be friendly.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was very pleased with the way I was treated by the staff at this location. I couldn't be happier with the fast response to any questions or concerns I had about my accommodations. The room was clean and in good condition. Yes, the furniture is older but it was well taken care of and that is a huge plus in my book. The kitchenette was a major benefit during my stay because I could cook what I wanted without incurring the costly eating expenses often found at hotels that do not have kitchenettes. I felt like I was in my own mini apartment while I was there and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely return to this location upon visiting Hillside again. :^)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor offer greater quality. Third floor is designated for smokers though there a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the kitchen in your studio. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a good place to stay in a pinch and the price is very good for the room. The staff is friendly, the room is clean, and they have a fridge and stove top so it's kind of like a home away from home. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Priceline has really good deals for this company
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Joe - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that our staff provided you with friendly service. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have heard great reviews of Extended Stay America and had to give this place a try! Our house where my mother and I have lived needed some basement repairs from the flood four months ago and needed a place to stay temporarily until the basement was completed and livable. Staff was very friendly and excellent; the place was immaculate...almost like an apartment and not just a hotel room. The moment we stepped in the room, it was like paradise!! We expected to stay for a week, but decided to go and stay for another week!! The price was a little high, but it was the best money I spent since I've been here! I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a place to stay anytime!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hi Debbie,

Thank you for posting such a great review. Being away from your home for an extended period is not easy to do. I am glad to read that you were comfortable in the "home away from home" you found at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our team in your review as well; your kind words are truly appreciated. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay soon!
Hillside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After closing on my home and still being in limbo about my new place, I ended up at this location. While twice having my Grandmother stay with me without much notice, I found the staff helpful in making any changes that I needed to accommodate her as well.

It's proximity to the highway and shopping made this a great location. Having just moved from Oak Park, I was aware of times when the rush hour turns into a couple of hours and alternatives to making whatever trip I planned less of a hassle. A trip downtown or to Oak Brook super easy,

If the only negative I could come up with was no HBO during the True Blood series then I think I made a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Kevin - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your changes and make your Grandma feel at home. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Good luck choosing your new home!

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!