“A functional hotel to do business” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Highland Park
Wombourne
“A functional hotel to do business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A recent business trip gave me the opportunity to stay here. First appearance is of a good, clean, open spaced modern reception. The reception staff were welcoming and professional. My room was a large room with a separate living space, fridge and microwave. The cost was great value.

However, when I booked my room, I was under the impression I had booked breakfast with it. Unfortunately, I hadn't. So on my first morning, the Sunday, I went for breakfast and was advised it wasn't included in my rate. And that was the end of that! No offer of, would you like to add it, or can we assist you. It simply wasn't included and so that was it. So, to my point above, I was treated professionally. Perhaps, a little more human compassion would have been afforded here, but I cannot complain. I was treated respectfully and advised accordingly.

So, I figured I would have a little wander in search of breakfast and I am glad I did. I walked out of the hotel and walked down past LA Fitness to a superb little deli called Max's Deli - and a fine breakfast was had. Consequently, I did not eat in the hotel at all.

Room Tip: Inward facing courtyard room was lovely.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Half the hotel is on the highway and the other half is not. Do yourself a favor and get a room on the other side. Terrible nights sleep. There is not even a wall on the side of the highway to block the noise. There are better options around, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived to find that our reserved room type was not yet ready. However the women at the front desk went above and beyond in contacting housekeeping to secure the room as soon as possible. Even checked when we next saw her if everything was to our liking. The room was perfect. We were however to find that this Marriott hotel had no coffee or water in the lobby for guests. In fact, at breakfast, there were no refills for coffee. You paid for each and every cup. Not something I would have expected nor have ever experienced from any Marriottl property.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We recently reserved a block of rooms at the Courtyard. The staff and events specialist handled our requests and managed the reservations beautifully. They even helped us keep track of those guests who had difficulty following the link to reserve in the group (oy!). When the big weekend came, they made sure everyone got their welcome gifts, made sure they connected with one another and even provided emergency seamstress services on the day of.

A great experience all the way around.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014 via mobile

We won a trip & this is the hotel they booked for us. I was a little nervous, but my fears were quickly removed. The treatment we received was second to none. Abi was very helpful, she even arranged for a shuttle to take us to dinner when our cab failed to arrive. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Congratulations to the staff & management for superior customer service.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Appleton, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and room had a nice balcony. We were a late check in and staff was less than friendly. Has a nice little cafe in lobby $$$. Nice that they serve Starbucks coffee. Bed needed to be replaced. The Grand Canyon was in the middle and every time you moved the springs made noise. My comment to management is replace the beds-it would make the stay much better.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Josh D, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Wiscmom2
My apologies for the poor service you received upon arrival to the hotel. The management staff will be addressing the issues with the staff to ensure proper service in the future. Our goal is to provide the best possible service for each and every guest at the hotel and we apologize for not doing so during your stay.

Regards,

Josh Dierker
chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Very courteous gracious staff. Always took care of an issue in an effiecient manner. Excellent room cleaniness. Overnight shuttle service. Very convienent comfortable hotel. Look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is quieter.
Green Features: Very courteous gracious staff. Always took care of an issue efficiently.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Josh Dierker

Been to Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook? Share your experiences!