“Cheers, but better!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Cheers, but better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite neighborhood spot to get a burger or a huge salad. The servers are always in a great mood and the owners treat you like old friends even if it is your first visit. It is a great low key place to get a great meal and you leave feeling good since everyone there is having a great time

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Highland Park, Illinois
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place for family or friends. Solid food. Great wait staff. Fantastic owner. Whenever we come in with kids, usually gets them a drink while they are awaiting. Very attentive. Amazing burgers. TV's all around for sports fans. Great laid back spot for salads steak chicken, whatever.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Tried for first time - not going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family decided to try Norton's for Sunday lunch. Kids meals (approx $9) include a drink, entree and dessert (scoop of ice cream). However, the kids' menu could use some expansion. Current options included hot dog, pasta, pizza, ribs and chicken strips.

The entree salads are expensive and extremely disappointing. No spring greens - iceberg lettuce only and very few toppings. The salad portion was quite large, but I felt I was just eating a bunch of flavorless lettuce. The large bowl of lettuce was served w/one tablespoon of dressing. I also ordered skirt steak on my salad and I received 8 small pieces measuring maybe 1/2" each (but, they were flavorful!). My spouse ordered the ribs and the portion was large and very tasty.

We ate outside since it was a nice day (there are 3 or 4 outdoor tables). The staff was friendly and the service was good. However, the prices are too high based on food quality. Our bill w/gratuity for 3 (no alcohol, appetizers or dessert except what came w/the kids' menu) came to $60 for lunch! That included 1 salad, 1 rib entree and 1 kids' hot dog!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
illinois
“Not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This can be a busy place. Especially on Saturday nights. The food is ok. The atmosphere is" local tavern". When you arrive you have a host/hostess put your name on a list and you stand in a tight, crowded waiting area. On a recent (an last ) visit after waiting over one-half hour the hostess seated some people who had just arrived who she obviously knew. The rest of us who were waiting were aghast at this. The party that got seated was even surprised. My party left and will not go back to a place that would treat their customers like this.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“My "go to" place in Highland Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We've been going to Nortons for 13 years - almost since they opened! Some years we go every 2 weeks and others we go 3 times a year. I love it - the atmosphere, the owners, the bar, the people. It's Cheers in Highland Park. As my kids said "I hope this place never closes". Richie and Jeff greet us as their best friends every time even though they don't know our names. Although not cheap, the food is good, the waiters have been there forever and Jeff or Richie are always there. Keep up the good work - we love you!

• Visited April 2013