“Perfect Customer Service!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Perfect Customer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were racing to Highland, IL to make a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. After a 5 hour drive from Chicago to Highland we arrived to the hotel, but not before I spilled coffee all over my pants. We had about 20 minutes to make it to the rehearsal as my wife was standing up. Allison at the front desk, checked us in and offered to spot clean and dry my pants as they were my only pair (aside of my suit). She took my pants and made them look great within 13 minutes, leaving us just enough time to make it to the church. She went above and beyond her call of responsibility and I am very impressed with the level of customer service I received that day.

The hotel was also very clean and I would definitely stay there again!

Ryan

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Highland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Ryan W,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I was just looking for a port in the storm and got so much more. The weather was so poor that I took the next exit off I-70 and ended up in Highland, IL, at the Holiday Inn Express. The place feels safe (important for a gal traveling solo cross country), is immaculately clean. The rooms are cozy, and the staff is so nice. I highly recommend it! They honor AAA discounts, too!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Port Byron, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is great. The management is exceptional I have never been treated better from another hotel stay. My room is always clean and the bed is comfortable. Personal service is great. My bathroom is always clean. The breakfast is remarkable there is so much to chose from. Several Restaurants are in walking distance. The exercise room is great.

Room Tip: 1st floor is great 109-111
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
West Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was placed in this hotel for the duration of a month due to training for my job. I was surprised by that the hotel rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff went beyond expectations to help accomodate my fellow peers and myself. I love the fact that the staff was willing to help with restaurant choices and gave great directions. Very beautiful area.... I highly recommend staying here :)

Room Tip: I like the 200's on the second floor 205 my favorite :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Olney, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have had to stay in the Holiday Inn Express here at Highland for the past four weeks due to training with my current job. The staff at Highland have made me to feel welcome everyday. They have always tended to any needs that I have had in a very timely manner. They have provided not only a great service but a great deal of hospitality. They have been my home away from home and I encourage anyone who needs a pleasant experience while away from home, Holiday Inn Express in Highland is the place to stay. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
STL MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I grew up in the area, but now live almost an hour away. We stayed here free using Priority Club Reward points on a night we were kid free for a reunion. There was a Jamboree celebration going on and I had to wait about 15 minutes to check in at around 6pm on a Saturday, as there was only one person working. I was not greeted as a Priority Club member which I always am every other time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn property, and there was no "goody bag" which they usually have too, not a huge deal though of course. When we got to the room it was adequate and clean but stifling and I turned on the AC, which made a horrible squeaky noise. We waited a few minutes to see if it would stop. It didn't so I called down right away as we were planning on leaving soon. They told me they would call me back in a few minutes and they did and moved us to another room that was larger and very nice. No other issues except the loud slamming the doors made at 6am when all the elderly people were fighting their way down to the free breakfast. We did eat(a little later!) and it was a great breakfast buffet. I do enjoy their cinnamon rolls and there was still a lot left even though it was later for breakfast. I would stay here again if we are in the area and need accomodations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I felt this hotel to be a little expensive due to the location, but considering St. Louis baseball and football are in session, I understand why. I requested two ADA rooms, and was surprised to see tubs in the bathrooms. They did have the necessary tools however for a person who is wheelchair bound. Still my mother was unable to use the tub.

The staff was very conscientious. The breakfast was typical for this type of hotel. The round egg product is disgusting as usual. Can't these places provide fresh scrambled eggs? They do at the Drury Inn! The Drury Inn breakfast is 20 times better, and costs no more. The Farmers restaurant across the parking lot is exceptional for food quality, and service.

I recommend this hotel because of staff and cleanliness.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Highland, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Flatham,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm delighted you found our staff and the hotel’s cleanliness commendable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a competitive value. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests.

I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Highland? Share your experiences!