“Really is a tropical paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% off New Year Specials
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Niyama
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Really is a tropical paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Finally a place that lives up to the photos- amazing turquoise water, incredible location, beautiful beach villas with private pool .Stayed first week of Sept some rain but this only added to scenic dramas. Beautiful weather most of the time, best thing was definitely the staff who are all amazing. Food at Tribal and Edge restaurants are great. Boat ride under the stars to Edge and underwater night club are so special. Heaps of of other fun things to do like sunset cruises, snorkelling, water massage and Lime spa etc. Thanks to Brian, Muze, Rushdee, Sabi, the guy at breakfast who orgnanised a special smoothie for me everyday and all the little touches to make our stay so great!- Martin and Sandee.

Room Tip: beach villas with private pool are more private than over water bungalows.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just came back from our holiday.For Niyama, I realy have some to say:
Room facility: Fantastic~! They have indivitual pool for each villa. Cleaned before each stay. They have ice cream for each stay with unlimited drinking water. Bose systerm with a free I pad are provided for each stay. They have Rada for insents and anti mosiqito spray in the room. Life jackets are provided indivitaully in each room.beach studio no 1-3 is better than the others.They beach in the front and the plants around the studio is much better than my friends' studio(6&7)
Activity room: Free Xbox with lots of games and pool were realy a plus for us as a evening acitivity. We paid for a simulator room which mainly is for golf simulator. Not realy interesting than the X box to us. The staff in the room is approcable. He volunteered to teach us the golf and played with my husband for the FIFA.
Water Sports: Freindly staff : Silvio and Shazeel are the ones of the best. Snorkelling equipment is free for rentel. However there is not more free outsea snorkeling any more since Sep 2012. We paid 55 per person for the snorkeling. Due to the weather, we did not realy enjoyed the snorkeling than expected. However the staff was nice and resposibility. Tina and Ali helped me when my mask was leaking. Ali event lend his own mask to me during the trip. They are very professional and helpful. We went with Shazeel for night fishing, without the whole crew we will no be able to catch more than 8 fishes with 3 groupers and some red snappers! Thank you guys!
House Keeping: Realy nice for the first day we arrived. Every thing was standarded and clean. Our host Muizzu is very responsible and intoduced each facility in details to us. Compared to my friends' host, he realy did extra miles for his job.For house Keeping, I realy have some suggestion; the house keeping service do not have a clear standard. We have 3 rooms together and we get different set up for the next following days. Eg: I do not have beach towel and ice crean replaced after they did the room clean. The same day my friend got the ice cream but no drinking water replaced and shampoo (which he has used up already) and beach towel. The same things happen to us during the stay. We have to call again and again to get each things replaces when we needed. In my water studio, when I came back from my spa around 1300pm, the replacement has done but the room clean did not come until 1400pm. May be the hotel has different department to do the replacment and house clean.
Q service: This is like a operator but the resposibilities are more than an operator. This is the only way you can reach to the hotel staff cos the resort is big and no "standard resepsion area for u to contact with. We relied on the service during the stay. Amenda is realy nice from the operator. This was my fist call to Q and greeted by her with warmth. She even checked the next day weather for me and asked me for feedbacks during the stay. She called me by name. Saberina, is the worst of them. She even hung up my phone. When I called her back to complain the action, she told me the phone was autoly hung up by the systerm. she was busy, cos she has a lots of arrivals!!!! However, when I checked my friends who has called her for service, they said she hung up their calls as well!!!. I was so upset and called my host muizzu to complained on her. Assistance front desk manger came for apologize. She realy ruined our holidays in Niyama!!!!! The rating can not go to excellent is purely beacause of her!
Dinner: Perfect! the chef change the menu every day with different subjects. We love the carving with the lamb. So yami! The service is good especially a handsome guy who looks like "Singaporee". Sorry, I can not remmember the name !
The spa; Expensive, not really recommended. They will promot their products after your spa. The cushions are dirty in the spa garden and the reception
Subsix: Small. Newlly opened, little fish. The club is very clod, if you would like to go, pls have a sweater with you.
Snorkeling: The better snorkeling around the hotel is the place in front of the water studio. But not many things to see.
WIFI: is all over the island and well recieved in most of the places.
Over All: I will still recommed my friends to stay with niyama, Cos the over all staff and the service has met our expectation! Thank you all!

Room Tip: Beach villa near the reception area is better ( small numbers) Water villa with pool small numbers w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Niyama in July-August for a week and it was truly sensational. This was our first time in the Maldives and we were treated to pure luxury with our water villa. The view from the room is like nothing on earth - absolutely perfect. The accommodation was absolutely first rate.

The whole atmosphere of Niyama is one of relaxation. We spent most days swimming and snorkelling and reading books by the water (our private pool, the main pool and the beach). We tried the Lime Spa, which was heavenly. Scuba diving was a real highlight - we saw so many colourful fish. It's a real wonderland under the sea in the Maldives.

The food was delicious and fresh. The service was fabulous - professional staff who are very, very friendly.

This is a very romantic resort. There were a few families with young children, but mostly this was a couples' paradise.

The resort still had a few little things that were under construction, but I think it will be in full-swing by the end of 2012. For example, the underwater club wasn't finished yet and the resident marine biologist is still building a marine lab on the island to teach guests about the ecology of the Maldives.

Overall, we felt totally spoilt and we loved it. The weather was perfect (sunny and 30 degrees every day) and the trip was very memorable.

Room Tip: We tried one of the water villas. It was just heavenly. We took a sticky beak at some of the other r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maldives
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from a visit to Niyama, a wonderful island resort in the Southern part of the Maldives.

Niyama has recently opened so we were expecting there still to be work going on which there was however they had this all contained to one area so it did not impact at all.

Having visited many resort in the Maldives I have to say that Niyama is at the top of the list. There was so much to do yet so many opportunities and spaces to rest and relax.

The best things about Niyama;

The team have achieved a hard to come by balance between being fun, relaxed and friendly and perfect professionalism. They seem to be able to read guests and behave accordingly rather than treating everyone exactly the same.

Tribal is one of the most refreshingly different restaurants we have been to. The journey from start to finish is incredibly special. You truly feel like you are in an (admittedly very luxurious) African Camp. I am glad we went there now as I imagine very soon it will be very difficult to get a booking.

Breakfast is very generous with many different options and the service excellent.

Active is Niyama’s recreation department and it is by far the best equipped I have seen. As well as the standard games (laid our in an airy and spacious room) they have 2 simulator rooms where you can play golf, football, basketball, and my favorite, shooting. My recommendation is to get an unlimited package!

Also excellent was the Watersports activities, complimentary canoes and paddleboards which are a lot of fun. They have brand new Hobie cats and the lagoon is fantastic to sail in as well as other motorized options which I have lined up for our next trip.

The spa experience is unique and the staff are well trained and lovely. The waterfront treatment rooms are terrific as are the couples spa jungle gardens. The Manicure Pedicure room is very professional and well laid out. They also have a full time beauty therapist on hand.

On our last day we had a trip to a nearby uninhabited island. Think coral reef all round, talcum powder sand and no one else there. It was a lovely day the picnic lunch was beyond words.

All in all I have to say Niyama is wonderful and will be a stand out resort in the Maldives, if not the world. Don’t be put off by the fact there are still things to complete, go now while you can still get a booking!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Straight to the point - What ever the occasion, What ever your expectations, Niyama Maldives makes it that much better...And if its your honey moon you are planning don't think twice, just book and enjoy...

The pleasure starts right from airport pickup.... private car pickup amazing...sea plane ride to the island divine experience.... and the arial view of the island before you land, just what a 100 pics online cannot recreate...

Once you step on the island, things get better and better.... following are my highlights,

1> Rooms - This is the highlight, forget the island, forget the resort, forget the food... the rooms make this stay incredible...Stayed 3 nights at the beach bungalow with a private pool and 2 nights at the water villa (also with a pool) .... try and book this combo, the experience of both is different and you will truly enjoy the sea side and lagoon side to the fullest...

2>Hospitality/Staff/ Service - Constantly smiling, very available, and a genuine love to make this as good a stay for us... Room Cleaning Service did not miss a beat...

3> Food - My third delight, if you are a pure non vegetarian like me, make sure you opt for the half board option, break fast and dinner menu changes daily and there are options galore...

Suggestion - I would love an option for missing breakfast at the restaurant and just have a basic menu sent to my room, or extend breakfast to 11:30...

Cons -
None that I can think of, if you can find one you a really hard person to please...

I cannot thank the staff enough for making this an surreal experience...keep up the hard work and hope to see you guys soon...Thanks

Sharad & Neha

Room Tip: Split your stay btw Beach Villa (+ pool) & water villa ,
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlands, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Ok, it took me about 5 minutes to decide between very good and Average. I would love to have put very good, but I've had amazing holidays before and perhaps had higher expectations.

If I was to visit in a few years time I would perhaps write a completely different review. If I hadn't already been to the sister property, this may have been a completely different review.

What I don't want to do is come on here and write feedback slating the hotel, well in reality it is a wonderful hotel. Great food and staff, nice rooms, good facilities.

If you want a luxury getaway and used to the finer things in life, but in a modern, funky surroundings, then this is the place for you.

I have had many communications with Per Aquum, who have been brilliant. Tour Operator... Not so much.

I visited this hotel in early June, it has great potential and I will most likely kick myself in years to come, but for now, my heart lies at another hotel. If only PA could combine the rooms and aspects of one resort, with the modernisation and sleekness of Niyama. Although the sister hotel is having a refurb, so I cannot wait to go back there next June!

Give it until the end of the year - this time next year and it will be brilliant!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

So where to begin....this is an amazing resort with a Team of people who really care about making sure the guests have an amazing time...however when I booked Niyama I was under the impression that the resort would be fully operational so you can imagine my surprise that only a few weeks before my travel I was informed by my agent Edge and Subsix were not open...one of the main reasons we chose this resort.!!!...I was also not informed the resort was having a soft launch so 30% occupancy and there were a number of travel representatives doing familiarisation visits which left me feeling why we had paid so much albeit we had an "early booking" discount..but hey made some useful contacts for travelling in the future...!!

From arriving at Male and been taken to the Niyama private Lounge to being collected by our Thakaru to return to the private lounge on our departure the service and experience were outstanding....we were met by Brian the GM and his Team on our arrival and imediateley made welcome and given a daily resort credit as the pump in our jacuzzi was not working...smart move thank you...!!

There is still a lot of construction work going on as a lot of the rooms are not yet finnished but it DOES NOT affect the experience in any way as it is not on display. We stayed in a Sunrise Deluxe Water Villa which after nosing around the resort I think was the best option by far....I did hear a couple of comments that the pool was cold on the sunset water villas presumably this was because they didn't get the morning sun and it is low season remember. Our room was stunning and as a music lover the Bose sound system was outstanding and the in room Deli is a great touch the bathroom was huge and the bed really comfortable.

It is difficult to single out any member of staff as every single person I met or dealt with during my stay could not do enough for us with a really enthusiastic attitude which is one of the key challenges in a resort like this. I celebrated my birthday on the Island and again everybody made my day a memorable one. The food is outstanding from the Buffet breakfast through to the in room dinning(although it's a bit annoying having to pay extra for this even though already paying for full board). We were lucky enough to experience the al la carte menu for the fist time that will be served in Edge when it opens and I can honestly say it is as good as any top restaurant in London which considering the logistics and the style of fine dinning the team have had to tackle is a major achievenet for the Team. The homemade ice cream and other delights serverd from the daily Deli were amazing. My view of the overall cost of drinks and extras was they are all very reasonable.

Activities are numerous if thats what you want and I would highly recommend the Dream Dhoni trip with dinner on an uninhibited island-unbelievable and something the resort did for me as a birthday treat- house reef snorkelling was great-diving was brilliant-the lair is great and plenty to do for people travelling with children including a great sports simulation room. I counted 7 different boats to experience everything from water skiing to the Dream Dhonis I can't believe you could get bored at this resort.

The resort is quiet if your thinking of going before September which for us was just perfect. Juan the resident DJ was very good and would play whatever you wanted and we had fun at the first beach party the resort did. Be very aware that there a lot of Mosquitos on the island currently and you need to be prepared for this as we were bitten badly but once again the resident doctor could not do enough to help.

So in summary this will be a leading resort when it gets fully up and running and in my opinion this is a resort as an overall concept as good as any I have been to anywhere in the World and I am really pleased I didn't change my mind at the last minute. Brian thank you with all my heart to you and all your Team for a very special holiday.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to NIYAMA Maldives, a Per AQUUM Resort? Share your experiences!