“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adaaran Club Rannalhi

You added Adaaran Club Rannalhi to your Saves list
Adaaran Club Rannalhi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kaafu Attol, Adaaran Club Rannalhi, Rannalhi, South Male Atoll, Republic of Maldives, 0   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rannalhi
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I'm reviewing this island based on comparison to other islands I have visited. It's a small island which is nice and the house reef can be swam in about an hour and is not bad but not the best I've seen. Yes the island is idyllic in places but again not the best I've seen. The accommodation are 2 story buildings set just off the beach which is not to my liking and all have very limited views of the sea due to trees in front of them. This makes the room very dark and makes it difficult to sunbath outside your room. I like a room with view with the option of sunbathing on my own bit of beach outside my own room, not sharing with 3 other people. People used to sunbath on the main part of the beach with was nice, but 1. U had to get there early as the sunbeds are limited and were occupied quiet quickly 2. There wasn't much shade on that side of the island with no parasols to be been and 3. The bar was to far away to access drinks easily. Luckerly for me I stayed in a water bungalow but these were quiet tired looking and could do with refurbing. I had bungalow 417 which in my opinion was the best one to have. It wasn't overlooked at all and had great uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean. The deck was quite large and had the sun for most of the day and the reef was only 20ft from the steps and was the best bit of reef on the island. The sunsets were right in front of you.....perfect. Now for bad parts, no AI mini bar and the bar for drinks couldn't be any further away if they tried. This is very frustrating as u have to pass a bar near the bungalows which you can only purchase drinks from. When questioned about this the only response you get is"it's a management decision ", come on, sort it out this is disgraceful !! Even when you get to the bar ( where there are no AI cocktails, not even a cocktail of the day) you have to wait at the bar for your drinks. I saw no waiter service offered at all at this bar. Even a tip didn't encourage waiter service. All the drinks i got,in the day or evening were got from the bar. This maybe down to the staff not speaking much English and I saw very limited quest interaction. This was the same in the restaurant , our waiter was never around when we wanted drinks and never smiled and was slow to clear tables. This may of been a reflection of the food as this was the worst i have experienced in the Maldives. It was almost the same every night and never looked freshly cooked and was limited.

My second week was spent on meedurpruu and I'm so glad i did, as I think two weeks on rannalhi would be to long. Please read my separate review for meedurpruu. All in all there are far better islands to go to. Shop around and spend the same money on somewhere else. If you want any advise then I'm happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked this island last minute as we had what we thought to be a very good deal. We stayed for 9 nights starting on 22nd June. Before going we read numerous terrible reviews, please ignore these and do not let them spoil the lead up to your holiday!!! This was our fourth time to the Maldives previously staying at kuramathi and twice at vilamendoo. Whilst these two islands were quite pricey this year we wanted a cheaper get away. This island was a perfect price for us. We had a standard room and requested a balcony room (219) the room itself is basic but who goes to the Maldives to be stuck in the room?! The room was always extremely clean and had all the amenities you would need so for us it was fine. We had the all inclusive package and made the most of it, food and drinks wise the islands do not vary much at all just the amount of selection. This year was the smallest variety we have seen but nothing was wrong with the food if just got a little boring towards the end. We had brilliant weather and it only rained for one afternoon during our stay which is great during the rainy season but again this was a risk we decided to take. The staff are friendly as always. The scenery and reef were picture perfect! The island is a true natural Maldivian island and not commercialised at all which is exactly why we choose the Maldives, 10 days with no technology is our perfect get away! Again please ignore the negative reviews the majority are from people who have never been before and expect 5 star luxury when in fact this is a budget island so you get what you pay for. We'd definetly go here again if we wanted a cheap holiday.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel had not been given very good reports prior to our trip and we were apprehensive to say the least. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. We booked via icelolly.com and away holidays.

We flew with Qatar air who were excellent. Good food, service, and level of comfort and cleanliness on the plane.

On arrival in male, we were met by the resort club representative. We were taken to our speedboat for the transfer. It all so seamless. 45 mins later we arrived at the resort.

We were greated with chilled ice tea and refreshing washcloths. Check in took around ten to fifteen minutes, and we were shown to our room. Luggage was taken by the porters.

The room, first floor hotel, room 220, was spacious and both modern and traditional at the same time. We had a king sized bed, air con, a modern clean bathroom and real loo roll! The room boy, Ahmed Mohammed, came twice daily to tidy the room and change all towels including the beach towels. The cleanliness amazed me.

The location was perfect. Ranalhi is a beautiful island resort, with white sand, green trees, turquoise sea and blue sky. It was a paradise. We were there in the rainy season which meant we had three ten minute showers in seven days.

The staff at the resort were all men, no women working there as it is officially a Muslim country. They were so respectful, polite and proper at all times. I was there with only my sixteen year old daughter, and I felt safe at all times. They couldn't do enough for us and nothing was too much trouble. Our waiter was Rasheed who was so lovely. We were told where was best to see sharks and turtles etc. The guys who took us on excursions were all experienced and looked after the group at all times.

I loved my first trip to the Maldives and at such a good price I will definitely be back again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

First of all i would like to start when i arrived at the airport of male the person whom i need to meet for speed boat ride to resort was so cold we hv to wait for 2hrs at d airport then finally when we reached d resort i found it good location wise now come to the cocktail bar area people who come here with all inclusive package should know that bar serves only local brands of alcohol. the room quality was not so good there were ants in d bathroom dont expect any luxury in d room bcoz i think rooms were made a decade ago. food was really pathetic as we were vegetreian there were very limited choice which we got. I would say that those person should opt for going over here who just dont look fot luxury in d room or modern room

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Adaaran Club Rannalhi for 9 nights. It's absolutely beautiful but I see plenty of people commenting expecting a commercialised/modern and up-do-date vacation here. This is not the case. This place is perfect and idyllic and beautiful to escape from the typical technologies and fast-paced environments so you have to prepare for the more back-to-basics approach, if you want commercial - go to a resort in Europe!!! Our room was a standard double on the island which was great, and our room was cleaned on a daily basis by Moosa Sadheeg who was always pleasant and has a real talent for the sheet decorations/origami he did every day. We had an all inclusive package, granted you do have to pay for the little extras but this is overall how the islanders make more money. 2 bottles of water are supplied daily which is separate from the minibar so there is no charge. Main meals are served three times a day in the main restaurant (a good selection of meats/fish/rice/pasta/salads/desserts) and we had the most excellent waiter called Rasheed who was attentive and kind, and seemed to make all his tables very happy. We paid extra for massages at the Spa, jet ski and cocktails but this wasn't a big deal for us really. The weather was a little hit and miss but we were aware we had traveled during rainy season, so that was a risk WE took. It was still warm, rained heavily once and we still enjoyed our stay away. I would advise you take your own snorkels to view the magnificent coral reefs that surround the island as you will see plenty of fish, baby sharks, crabs etc. We actually had the privilege to see dolphins swim so close to shore and 7 month old baby turtles that Rasheed was taking care of to avoid them being eaten by sharks. He teaches them to swim and is looking after them until they are fully grown which was lovely to hear and see. Lizards are everywhere so if you have a phobia, then this isn't suitable for you really. For us both, this was a wonderful stay away from our hectic lifestyles. We've done 5 star resorts in and out of Europe before and still this doesn't compare if you want a calm and beautiful untouched paradise. It's not the Ritz, so don't expect it'd be posh and fancy. The only downside for me really was the french woman who sat near us who was clearly a racist, especially to the Muslim couple who sat a few tables further down. A bit senseless considering they were in a Muslim country. Nevertheless, we loved it here and it was a holiday to remember.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel stuff is untrained and have severe issues with their behaviours and knowledge. They don't know how to treat international visitors. Apart of this, they are stupid and the worse thing is they believe they are smart. One day, going to our room, we saw somebody entering it. Till the time we came closer, he exited. We assumed it was a guy who was checking the minibar.
Then we realised that our money, 270 euros, were missing from 2 separate wallets. Explaining everything to the "experienced" duty manager and describing exactly all the details of the incident and how the guy was, he pretended he didn't understand. He suggested inviting all temporary workers in a line and us to recognise who the guy was (despite the fact that we explained to him that we didn't see worker, but a hotel person with long curly hair - the only guy with this kind of hair...). The duty manager was constantly telling us that he checked everybody's stuff to find the money and that he didn't find anything... I explained the incident via email to all the top management of this resort, including the general manager and nobody never send me even a single word.
My verdict: they only care about money.
No Wi-Fi available, only a PC 10 years old, slow, with charge of 1 dolar per 5 minutes...
Paradise? Might be, but which island in Maldives is not?
So: DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IN THIS HOTEL, IT DOESN'T RESERVE IT.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
rampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall this island disappoints. There are too many little things that spoil the overall picture.

I can understand the Maldives first-timers that think this island is fantastic but having done a few other islands this is at the bottom of my list.

What went wrong? The biggest issue is that this is NOT all-inclusive. Having to pay for water is disgraceful. On no other island have I had to pay for snorkelling trips. Only allowing wine at lunch and dinner is rubbish and at 45 bucks a bottle an absolute rip off to buy (10 dollar wine at best). Everything on this island seemed more expensive and I ended up paying almost 700 dollars extra on a supposedly all-inclusive holiday.

That said, the house reef is beautiful and its worth a little swim out to the submerged coral reefs just offshore. We saw turtles, sharks and innumerable fish out from our water villa (418). On the one snorkelling trip we went on we saw dolphins and a manta ray. No grumbles about the sea life.

Our water villa was shabby but ok. We had a screen so were not on view like the other water villas but we had no bath or glass floor. We also had problems with the plumbing, tv and resident bugs.

The weather was poor while we were there and the island flooded. I hope it's the last time I see sandbags on holiday. The resort is not far from a major accident as lots of the walkways are underpinned by rotten metalwork. One of the walkways to the water bungalows collapsed on the first night of our holiday.

The worst problem is the staff who just view you as a cash register. As soon as we checked out at midday we became non entities and were literally ignored by the same staff who had been our best friends half an hour earlier. Disgusting behaviour.

We won't be going back

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Adaaran Club Rannalhi? Share your experiences!