We stayed at Anantara Veli as part of our honeymoon on middle of March 2009 (we also went to Banyan Tree).
The Anantara Transfer boats were extremely luxorious (much nicer than the Banyan Tree ones) thus the transfer was amazing to the island.
The island itself has three parts (Veli, Dhigu & Naladhu) Veli is a medium/small size and only has overwater bungalows, the Dhigu is a larger island with also overwater bungalows as well as mainland bungalows, and Naladu is a 5*plus island with no access. I actually liked Veli the best as it was small, intimate and most of the kids if any were all at Dhigu the larger island.
We stayed in the Deluxe Over-Water Bungalow, which was well worth upgrading to (from the normal Over-Water Bungalow). They were just amazing, the rooms/bungalows were so large and there were multiple decks to relax on too. The Terazzo bath was also amazing.
Food was great with lots of choices in restaurants, including thai, seafood, italian etc etc all on the 2 main island whcih were easily accessible.
One disapointment was the house reef. The house reef was quite a distance away, needed to take a canoe to a small unanhibated island and then snorkell there, but it just didnt seem safe with just the two of us and the fish were a bit crazy there (they bit quite a few ppl as the fish were breeding...).
If you are after a GREAT house reef, I would HIGHLY recommend Banyan Tree Vabinfaru. But if you are more after luxury in accomodation and style then Anatara is definitelly the better place to be.
The staff were also very very friendly and very good at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat hand-in-hand to one of the most naturally stunning destinations on earth, a romantic paradise enveloped in soft white sands and turquoise waters. Just 20 km by speedboat from the airport in Male, delight in the private luxury of your own over-water bungalow, with all the comforts of home and then some. Unwind in your room, either over water in the crystal lagoon, or from your Ocean Pool Bungalow, with private pool and ocean views offering beach and lagoon access a few minutes stroll from your room, or admire the kaleidoscope of exotic fish and corals just steps from your over water and deluxe over water bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Veli Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Veli Resort And Spa
- Anantara Veli Hotel South Male Atoll