We stayed 19-26 Dec 2013 in a Deluxe Over water bungalow (#168) and all-in-all we'd say that it was a really nice stay, but overpriced. The best part of our stay was the very attentive and friendly SERVICE. The bungalow interior didn't really excite us and we had a couple of issues with malfunctioning blinds and a noisy aircon, both of which were however fixed without much delay.
It's the 2nd time we visit the Maldives so we knew what to expect, but we now feel that USD1,000 per night would be better spent in some other resorts in South East Asia. With dinners typically coming to USD100 per person per night we spent a total of USD6,500 for 5 nights.
The Maldives is of course unique so it's a place one wants to see and experience at least once in your life, but the price levels makes us hesitate to come back for a 3rd time, most likely not.
The only thing that could bring us back would possibly be for live-aboard diving in Feb-Mar as we're both divers. At this Dec trip the visibility was poor (lots of plankton) and the sea rather rough due to the strong easterly wind, so we only did one single dive at the house reef.
In summary, if you have not yet visited the Maldives and are prepared to pay the high price, then Anantara Veli is a good choice, as it seems that many resorts in the Maldives are equally or more overpriced (our opinion).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat hand-in-hand to one of the most naturally stunning destinations on earth, a romantic paradise enveloped in soft white sands and turquoise waters. Just 20 km by speedboat from the airport in Male, delight in the private luxury of your own over-water bungalow, with all the comforts of home and then some. Unwind in your room, either over water in the crystal lagoon, or from your Ocean Pool Bungalow, with private pool and ocean views offering beach and lagoon access a few minutes stroll from your room, or admire the kaleidoscope of exotic fish and corals just steps from your over water and deluxe over water bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Veli Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Veli Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Veli Resort And Spa