Our stay at this resort was simply... awesome. We were in Asia for 2.5 weeks and our 4-night stay here at Veli was our honeymoon segment; my wife had this pencilled in as one of her top two places to visit. There is no place like the Maldives - the water, the sand, the overwater bungalows, the snorkelling, the corals and the fishes, the sky, the temperature... our 4 days here was like heaven! Food was fantastic (tip: the breakfast buffet offers a lot; we were so full lunch was never necessary), service was great with all the staff smiling and saying "hello" anytime you pass by them along the island paths. The stay came with free snorkelling gear and a daily 2-hr kayak rental, so if you like the water there's plenty to do (tip: kayak out to the House Reef from Dhigu and snorkel there - the variety of fishes you see there is amazing, and it's a pretty private place to chill). In addition, the resort has a lot of other fun things to do during the day, from parasailing to excursions out to local islands.
The best part about this resort was the professionalism and the service. It turned out that the resort just started a "honeymoon celebration", a weekly event that gathered newlyweds for some appetizers, pictures, and a "ceremony" to decorate a new wall they put up for the celebration. Well, we stumbled across it by accident - it turns out we were left out of the invites! We started chatting with one of their directors, Alexander, and after realizing their mistake what followed was: a bottle of their delicious date juice sent to our bungalow that evening; an upgrade to their deluxe overwater bungalow the following evening; and a private ceremony hosted by their resident manager, Matthew, to make up for the one we missed earlier in the week. We could not have been more impressed with their response to their initial oversight, and put an icing on the cake to our fantastic stay in the Maldives.
Highly recommended! To the staff at Anantara Veli, keep up the great work and thank you!
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Veli Resort And Spa
- Anantara Veli Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Veli Hotel
- Anantara Veli Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat hand-in-hand to one of the most naturally stunning destinations on earth, a romantic paradise enveloped in soft white sands and turquoise waters. Just 20 km by speedboat from the airport in Male, delight in the private luxury of your own over-water bungalow, with all the comforts of home and then some. Unwind in your room, either over water in the crystal lagoon, or from your Ocean Pool Bungalow, with private pool and ocean views offering beach and lagoon access a few minutes stroll from your room, or admire the kaleidoscope of exotic fish and corals just steps from your over water and deluxe over water bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Veli Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.