“What you get for being cheap” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Harvey

You added Days Inn Harvey to your Saves list
Days Inn Harvey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16900 South Halsted Street, Harvey, IL 60426 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Affiliate website
Special Offer
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Harvey
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“What you get for being cheap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I wondered as we checked in ... "Can the desk clerk move any slower", and the answer was ... yes, yes she can move slower. So we got our double queen bed room (205) and the key turned the green light on but the unlock mechanism did not work. It took 3 trips to the front desk before we were given another room .. a "suite" My goodness what a surprise, No smoke detector, pealing wallpaper, dingy drapes that will NOT allow privacy, sorry people on the first floor, I think I saw more than I should have, non working 1970 microwave complete with broken handle, dirty floors throughout and a TV remote that didn't work. Didn't want to make another trip to the desk with the stink from cigarette smoke pass the 'No Smoking" rooms, I'm assuming there was construction going on in the room next to us with all the banging that was going on. Enough said.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jeromesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had to go to Chicago and stayed at Days Inn in Harvey. Was the cheapest that I could find without too many negative reviews, so I took that. It did deliver what I expected.. nothing more, nothing less. Bathtub had some brown spots on it, which you can expect for the area it's in. But everything was clean as far as I could see. Room was small, but expected that for the price I paid. Stay included breakfast in the morning, which wasn't that elaborate, but wasn't too bad either. There is a restaurant nearby, although I didn't try it. Just next to the hotel (basically just next to it) is a Burger King, but I would advise to go there by car and take the drive through... There is a Comfort Inn across from the entrance.. no idea if that's the same quality. Again, I'm not saying that the hotel is bad, don't get me wrong. It did deliver what I expected for the amount paid.. too bad there isn't much to do in the area (restaurants/entertainment).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
QualityMotel6DaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Harvey, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.We are the best in our area and indeed the best value for money .
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The hotel is older. It needs some repairs. Black stains on the wall behind the toilet. Cigarette burns in the comforters.

Not sure why but the place was party city all night long. People running up and down the halls. People talking on their phone in speaker mode. We could hear yelling all night long.

Also, the place a its own police officer with a bullet proof jacket and side arm.

Finally, the Wifi would turn off every 10 to 15 minutes. I kept going to the front desk to have them reset it. It would then work for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnharvey, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Harvey, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel over the weekend. However the front desk clerk was sleep. Sleep long enough as I was to travel to McDonald's and when i returned she was still sound asleep. Totally unprofessional.and all iwanted was some towels

• Stayed October 2014
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I recently stayed at this Days Inn and upon check in, the price I was told when I made the reservation was at least 20 dollars less. When I brought this to the front desk Manger Dontae Moore attention I was told that I was wrong, and he didn't want to work with me at all. I also emailed the manger and have yet to get a response. There was two other reservations made and we all paid a different price. The room had paint peeling in the bathroom and the fire alarm continued to go off serveral times through out the night. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
DaysInnharvey, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Harvey, responded to this review, October 30, 2014

Been to Days Inn Harvey? Share your experiences!