“Very nice front desk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Harvey

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Harvey to your Saves list
Days Inn Harvey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16900 South Halsted Street, Harvey, IL 60426 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Harvey

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The best thing about this hotel was the front-desk staff. Another good thing is the location. It has great access to South Chicago attractions, and the cost was very reasonable. The room was clean and quiet.
There were a lot of minor negative things. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. I’ve come to expect these even in 2-star hotels and I missed them. The light over the bathroom sink is so dim you can barely see yourself in the mirror. Removing the diffuser was easy and helped somewhat. They’ve replaced their old tube TV’s with flat screen TV’s mounted on the wall. At first that seems like a good thing, but only if you want to lie in bed and watch TV. I always have some work to do at the desk and you can’t turn the TV to face the desk when it's mounted flat on the wall. Fortunately it was easy to move the desk. The free WiFi in my room was weak and would not stay connected. The breakfast choices were sparse and they didn’t even have real creamers for the coffee, just that powdered stuff. I looked over the breakfast and went to the Burger King down the road.
When I arrived in the room the TV didn't work. Dontae (the manager on duty) went out of his way to get the TV fixed but couldn't do it; he promptly gave me a new room.
That was my first stay. A week later I stayed here again. Dontae remembered me and the TV problem and gave me a free room upgrade. The second room had refrigerator and a microwave. It was closer to the lobby and the free WiFi worked fine; the light in the bathroom was still dim, though. They need to upgrade these lights.
Although there were minor problems I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby if you need the free WiFi.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
QualityMotel6DaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Harvey, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the feed back.We promise that we shall work on all the suggestions you have given about poor lights and other issues.
Looking forward to seeing you again
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel to Harvey quite often but I have never stayed at the Days Inn. My first time at this location and I was greeted by Katherine at the front desk. She was very welcoming and was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. There was a problem with the room assignment to me but she was able to fix the problem very effectively along with an upgrade. Great customer service I would definitely visit this property again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
We promise that we shall make your next stay even better.Thanks for your reviews.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not stay at this hotel, as I stayed at the Quality Inn next door...big mistake! We locked our keys in the car and walked over to the Days Inn to ask for advice on who to call in the area, because the desk staff at the Quality Inn didn't even look up from his computer to offer advice when I asked. However, Dante' at the Days Inn was most helpful!!! He called several different places to help us find someone in the area. He was very polite and kind. Customer service at its best! Next time I am in the area, I will be staying here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the good words for our Manager and those will be shared with him and his team.We shall be looking forward to seeing you again.

Been to Days Inn Harvey? Share your experiences!