“Good South-Chicago Location, Low Cost, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Harvey

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Harvey to your Saves list
Days Inn Harvey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16900 South Halsted Street, Harvey, IL 60426 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Harvey
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good South-Chicago Location, Low Cost, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The best thing about this hotel was the front-desk staff. Another good thing is the location. It has great access to South Chicago attractions, and the cost was very reasonable. The room was clean and quiet.
There were a lot of minor negative things. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. I’ve come to expect these even in 2-star hotels and I missed them. The light over the bathroom sink is so dim you can barely see yourself in the mirror. Removing the diffuser was easy and helped somewhat. They’ve replaced their old tube TV’s with flat screen TV’s mounted on the wall. At first that seems like a good thing, but only if you want to lie in bed and watch TV. I always have some work to do at the desk and you can’t turn the TV to face the desk when it's mounted flat on the wall. Fortunately it was easy to move the desk. The free WiFi in my room was weak and would not stay connected. The breakfast choices were sparse and they didn’t even have real creamers for the coffee, just that powdered stuff. I looked over the breakfast and went to the Burger King down the road.
When I arrived in the room the TV didn't work. Dontae (the manager on duty) went out of his way to get the TV fixed but couldn't do it; he promptly gave me a new room.
That was my first stay. A week later I stayed here again. Dontae remembered me and the TV problem and gave me a free room upgrade. The second room had refrigerator and a microwave. It was closer to the lobby and the free WiFi worked fine; the light in the bathroom was still dim, though. They need to upgrade these lights.
Although there were minor problems I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby if you need the free WiFi.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I did not stay at this hotel, as I stayed at the Quality Inn next door...big mistake! We locked our keys in the car and walked over to the Days Inn to ask for advice on who to call in the area, because the desk staff at the Quality Inn didn't even look up from his computer to offer advice when I asked. However, Dante' at the Days Inn was most helpful!!! He called several different places to help us find someone in the area. He was very polite and kind. Customer service at its best! Next time I am in the area, I will be staying here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Saginaw, Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While the hotel is older, the rooms could have been a tad more cleaner. The area is a little shady, but the staff nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Harvey hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

OMG would be the best way to describe this dump. My family booked this hotel seeing how she works at the same brand of hotel in another city. When we arrived, there were no reservations, the rooms the tired front desk agent gave us keys for to see the room were both unacceptable. The first one was suppose to be non smoking but had cigarette holes in the bed spread, beds weren't made, rooms smelled like mildew and smoke, the tired front desk girl was tired and didnt care and didn't even try to accommodate us at all.......... The second room we were given was a room that literally was a room that hadnt been cleaned at all. Towels are spread across the floor, both beds were unmade, and when we expressed it to the front desk she didn't care because she was ready to go home. '_' Ive stay at super 8 hotels better than this and my niece works at a Days Inn like I said and this place was horrific! Nasty, smelly, unclean, rude staff!!! Never Again!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this roach motel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Upon my most recent stay at the days inn located in Harvey, IL an employee by the name of Katherine was very hepful and considerate towards my needs during my stay. She is very much appreciated. She's a plus to the hotel accommodations and service.

• Stayed August 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The air conditioning in our room was not working. It was very warm and muggy in the room and it made it hard to sleep. The curtains would not close all the way and there was an extremely bright light shining through the window all night. There were lots of gashes in the shower curtain, and some of our towels were crusty. If you and the family get bored, there is a strip club right next door. It definitely wasn't worth the money, even though it was one of the cheaper hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QualityMotel6DaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Harvey, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

Been to Days Inn Harvey? Share your experiences!