“Manager is awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Harvey

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Harvey to your Saves list
Days Inn Harvey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16900 South Halsted Street, Harvey, IL 60426 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Harvey
Peoria, Illinois
“Manager is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We are here right now.. it's awesome. We are not from around here and needed assistance getting to know the area.. The manager Donte was awesome! When we though we had an issue he came to our room promptly and assisted us!!! He is friendly and personable! Our suite is amazing. Had to check in early and housekeeping was very accommodating! I'm happy I chose this location! Donte is great!!

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I'm in this room right now and my guest and I are horrified. There's god knows what on the walls, it smells like a smoking room but allegedly isn't, my bedspread has a huge burn hole in it, sheets have stains, only sheer curtains (can't close the heavier ones all the way). Good supply of towels, tissue, shampoo and soap. Cheap. Guess you get what you pay for. Oh, also... Haven't seen any vending machines. Took a long time to get checked in. Area seems shady. Outdated furniture. Wallpaper peeling off walls.

Clevaland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place was a very horrible place the have a manger by the name of Dontae which was very rude to my family every time we called down there in the morning to ask him for something he had a pure attitude this is not how a hotel is suppose to be ran i ask to speak to his boss he said he is the boss but if you go to this area please choose clarion inn or quality inn there way better and dont have a arrogant stuck up and rude manger

Orlando, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a 3-story hotel where the entire 3rd floor is for smoking rooms. Floors 1 and 2 are nonsmoking. The hotel has a clean exterior and an inviting lobby area that was clean and not cluttered. A very professional and friendly Katherine checked us in last night, after noting my request for late check out. She said she would be sure to let staff know not to disturb us. First room was 203. Rooms 200, 201, 202 and 203 are by ice machine on 2nd floor. Anyway, got up there and before we shut the door I noticed some young man from the 3rd floor came down to get ice. Desperate for sleep after a long drive, went back downstairs and asked Katherine for a room away from elevators and any ice/vending machines as previously requested when I booked reservation online. She said she completely understood but only had one other nonsmoking room available in the middle, 216, which was handicapped accessible. That was great because we are still recovering from auto accident and the accommodations were very helpful so I gratefully accepted. She also explained fire alarm policy and $250 consequences for setting fire alarm off if we did not shower with the fan on and bathroom door closed.

At first we were estactic. Room, linen, towels very clean. Plenty of towels, pillows and queen bed mattress was firm and very comfortable. Kudos to housekeeping! Nice touch with shower cap, soap and lotions in the bathroom. The problem started when my husband saw a roach crawling underneath the microwave, which he killed. Too tired to go back downstairs, I reported the incident next day at check out to Shawninay, since it was the only bug problem. Mini frig was great but was missing interior door racks. Next we noticed that the lamp shade on the right was missing the bolt that attaches it to the lamp pole. Also, the upholstery on the desk chair had been cut up or torn on the right side. Again reported at check out just to make sure I would not be charged for these issues. Nothing major so far, just annoying. The WiFi is not reliable at all and was up and down all night until the next morning. I reported that problem to Tracey overnight and she said she would reboot the system and it was okay the next morning.

Was in a deep sleep when the fire alarm went off at about 8:40 am for about 15 seconds. False alarm. Woke up and went downstairs to the breakfast room, which closes at 9:30 am. The floor was littered with dry cereal which I stepped on and tracked wherever I walked. Vacant tables were dirty. There were unsupervised children trying to make waffles -- a serious safety issue with such a hot waffle iron. I almost stepped on the feet of a young boy who was just sitting alone, no food or drink, with no shoes or socks on (very unsantiary and again, a safety issue) at the only table for 2, which is where me and my husband would have preferred to sit. He was with a small group sitting at another table nearby. The coffee decanters were empty and there was no butter or cream cheese packets for the toast and bagels. There were only a few mini yogurts left -- all peach flavored, so if other flavors were offered, they were all out. There were no tongs for the muffins, bagels and bread, so people had to use their bare hands if they wanted these items. Unsanitary. I went to the front desk and asked for cream cheese and butter packets. The gentleman at the front desk went to the supply closet and replenished the cream cheese and butter. My issue with breakfast is this. If breakfast is offered until 9:30 am, let everythiing offered be available until 9:30 am and not just until anything runs out. Have housekeeping or someone check on the room at least once every half hour to see what needs to be cleaned up or replenished or if unsupervised children are there. No one should be allowed to walk around without shirts and shoes on. The sole front desk person may not have a chance to monitor the breakfast room regularly, so as a team those duties should be delegated until breakfast is over.

When we left the breakfast room we joined 3 other guys waiting for the elevator who had also been in the breakfast room. Overheard one ask the other what was "...the room number?..." His buddy's answer was he didn't know and told him to ask a third guy still in the breakfast room. So they both left to go back to the breakfast room. That tells me that people who are not registered guests of the hotel are having breakfast there and roaming throughout the hotel. That's a security issue and also may be why breakfast items run out so quickly. Note: At no time was I afraid or felt unsafe but other tourists might be. Did my laundry between 3 am and 4am. Matter of fact, while doing laundry I was a witness to Tracey, the night shift front desk agent, not letting anybody register at the hotel that she felt should not belong. She doesn't back down from anyone and I like that about her. She is very professional, but firm when necessary - a real tough cookie. I didn't see anyone from security but if Tracey is on duty, no need.

Get back upstairs and try to get more sleep when second fire alarm woke us up at about 10:15 am for about 5 seconds. It is my opinion that this is the hotel's way of waking up guests who checked in late (while doing laundry I noticed people checking in between 2am - 4 am) and reluctant to check out by 11 am. Say this because if a guest is taking a shower with the bath door open and no fan running, the guest cannot stop the fire alarm after only a few seconds, even if they shut the door and turn on the fan. Only hotel staff can do that. Just saying. If the fire alarm system is truly that sensitive to a hot shower, however, then management needs to get its sensitivity adjusted human nature being what it is.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was at noon today when the manager, Dontae, banged (not knocked - not called) on my door telling me I was late checking out. I told him I had made arrangements with Katherine for a late check out and to contact her if he didn't believe me. He left after reciting late check out hotel policy which is $10 extra. News to me. I got up and called him to also tell him that I had received a receipt which clearly did not charge me $10 for late check out. If there is such a policy, it should be posted at front desk or online. As a Wyndham member, never had this problem before, especially after requesting it online at booking. I hope Katherine did not get into trouble because she was the only reason I stayed at the hotel that night, even tho I got NO sleep most of the night and morning. Front desk staff need to be able to make these discretionary decisions without being micro-managed because they are so busy multi-tasking all throughout their shifts. They have to deal with non-compliant guests, give out change for laundry, monitor security cameras, monitor the parking lot if any noise or commotion, unlock dining area after breakfast hours for people who want to eat dinner or want to comply with notice not to take food into rooms -- all while checking people in and out. The front desk staff was fantastic, except for the manager Dontae. He should have read the notes Katherine left before accusing me of overstaying a few hours without consent. There needs to be a better communication system between hotel staff when a late check out or early check in is requested.

Room Tip: Third floor is all smoking. Second floor rooms 200, 201, 202 and 203 are near loud ice machine. Fir...