“Beware of paying Cash” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Economy Inn & Suites

Economy Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrisburg
Economy Inn & Suites
You added Economy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
411 E. Poplar St., Harrisburg, IL 62946   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
NC
“Beware of paying Cash”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We would stay here everytime we visited my mother and this included various separate visits from my children and siblings. This particular time my mother reserved the room in advance for 3 nights and paid cash up front. We did not need the third night and advised them 48 hours in advance. We were told that we could not be refunded the third night because the room had been reserved with cash and that they were holding it for us. Well, wouldnt they hold it for us with a credit card and 48 hours would of been ok to cancel then. They just didnt want to give us any money back. I think that is poor customer service and when I come back I will stay in Marion if I have to although it would be a little farther to visit.

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — The bathtub stopper didnt work and light plug right where you lay your head on the bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

We have stayed here several times and the room is ready and clean after 1:00 PM. If you try to get in early they work with you but tell you the room will be ready after 1:00 PM. This appears to be a family run business. We have never NOT had a clean room after 1:00 PM. The prices are fair and the area is safe. It's on a main road and there are several good restaurants within walking distance and also CVS. If you are on a budget this is the place to stay!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — no breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place is a joke. The room was filthy and the owner and his wife were VERY RUDE. After seeing our room we went to the desk to get a refund and they would not give us our money back. We are still na dispute with Discover. We ended up staying at Super 8 and the girl ther told us she worked at this motel for a short time and they double charge for rooms all time hoping that people will not notice when they get the credit card bill. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

Upon arrival to my room, I found the room assigned wasn't very clean. I found a dirty washcloth on the toilet, unflushed toilet and a (what looked like) used toothpick (broken and frayed) on the desk! The room itself appeared okay but needs updating. I was also charged twice on my credit card.
Because of relations in the area, I will be coming back to Harrisburg, but not at this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2004

I stayed at the Economy Inn & Suites in Harrisburg, Illinois during the Memorial Day weekend. I enjoyed my stay because of its affordable rates, easy directions to reach there, excellent room conditions, and great commercial rates. I recommend to anyone traveling there to stay at this hotel because of its affordable rates, friendly hospitality, and terrific room conditions.

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!