“"Best Motel In Town"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Economy Inn & Suites

Economy Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrisburg
Economy Inn & Suites
Save Saved
You added Economy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
411 E. Poplar St., Harrisburg, IL 62946   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
Missouri
“"Best Motel In Town"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I traveled to Harrisburg with my family to attend a funeral. The front desk staff was really friendly. As I enterd the room, my kids were thrilled to see the big-screen televisions. My husband and I were very much impressed with the entire building. The bathroom was very clean. Overall we had a great trip and we were very pleased.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Clean, resonable rates, big rooms with fridge and microwave and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were given 1 room here by friends for two nights. They waited until the last minute to book the room so this was the only place in town that had availability. The room was dated but seemed clean. Two problems: 1) There was a huge motorcycle event apparently in town. There were people partying until 3-4-5 am! Reving up motorcycles and playing loud music all night, all morning, all day..... They were not considerate of others at the motel trying to sleep! Check before you book if there's a motorcycle event in town! and 2) My husband and I both had small red bite marks on our feet and ankles... not saying for sure it was bedbugs, but I'm going to the doctor today and let him look at them and see what he thinks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

In December of 2008, my mother-in-law passed away in Hardin Co. The weather was horrible: ice storms, snow, heavy winds, sleet. We stayed at the Economy Inn. The owners were so nice. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and even though the wind was blowing so strongly that it was coming through the bottom of the door, it was still warm in the room.
We have always stayed at this hotel---even when it was the Gray Plaza Hotel years ago. It's an older hotel, but it's clean and the rates are the only reasonable rates in town: the newer hotels in town are priced outrageously high (my sister who lives in Harrisburg had checked the rates one time when her house flooded and she needed some rooms.)
I highly recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg and you want a good, clean room.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We would stay here everytime we visited my mother and this included various separate visits from my children and siblings. This particular time my mother reserved the room in advance for 3 nights and paid cash up front. We did not need the third night and advised them 48 hours in advance. We were told that we could not be refunded the third night because the room had been reserved with cash and that they were holding it for us. Well, wouldnt they hold it for us with a credit card and 48 hours would of been ok to cancel then. They just didnt want to give us any money back. I think that is poor customer service and when I come back I will stay in Marion if I have to although it would be a little farther to visit.

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — The bathtub stopper didnt work and light plug right where you lay your head on the bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

We have stayed here several times and the room is ready and clean after 1:00 PM. If you try to get in early they work with you but tell you the room will be ready after 1:00 PM. This appears to be a family run business. We have never NOT had a clean room after 1:00 PM. The prices are fair and the area is safe. It's on a main road and there are several good restaurants within walking distance and also CVS. If you are on a budget this is the place to stay!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — no breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place is a joke. The room was filthy and the owner and his wife were VERY RUDE. After seeing our room we went to the desk to get a refund and they would not give us our money back. We are still na dispute with Discover. We ended up staying at Super 8 and the girl ther told us she worked at this motel for a short time and they double charge for rooms all time hoping that people will not notice when they get the credit card bill. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!