“Graduation Weekend 2012...Super 8 Hotel in Harrisburg...Hooray!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Harrisburg
100 E. Seright St., Hwy. 45 and Seright St., Harrisburg, IL 62946   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
chicago
“Graduation Weekend 2012...Super 8 Hotel in Harrisburg...Hooray!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family stayed at the Super 8 Hotel in Harrisburg, Il the weekend of 5-11 thru 5-13-2012. My son was graduating from SIU, Carbondale. The staff was wonderful! Sumit, Brittany and Paul delivered great customer service. The other staff were equally professional and courteous. The hotel was very clean. Sumit and his staff made our graduation weekend great! We will be back!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at Super 8 in Harrisburg quite by accident. I had planned on staying at Comfort Inn, which I have done several times in the past, but they did not have a room available for the first night of my stay. They recommended that I call Super 8, and I was given a reservation for both nights - at a very reasonable rate. I arrived quite late - after midnight - and Sumit was working at the front desk. He was very friendly and personable - making sure that I had everything I needed - and going above and beyond in the area of service. I felt he was genuinely concerned for my comfort, and that is very rare in this day and age! My room was very clean and well maintained, and I did not experience any issues with noise from surrounding rooms. The breakfast could have offered more variety, but other than that - this stay was excellent and I would recommend the hotel and their awesome staff to one and all!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Glen Carbon, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I fell ill while working two and one half hours from my home. The super 8 had been my hotel for several months and I found the staff very friendly. My illness included vertigo and every time I tried to get out of bed the whole room started spinning. I spoke with Sumit at the desk and told him my situation. My daughter and father were driving to get me and I couldn't move. He said not to worry and took care of getting my things together and putting them in my car. Brittany, who always took very good care of getting me checked in and out, was also very helpful. I can't say enough about the staff and how they helped me when I was helpless.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The hotel is clean, seems safe and was centrally located where I needed it to be. The staff was a bit confused but tried to be helpful (we asked for directions to a state park and she didn't have a clue, but when we got back 8 hours later she had called around to get directions which I thought was nice (even though we'd already gone and come back)). The continental breakfast consists of hardboiled eggs and cereal and seemed a little sketchy. All in all, given what they charge and where they are, I have no complaints and it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Naperville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this Super 8 during a recent motorycycle trip to southern Illinois and Missouri. The room was clean, but the accomodations were somewhat spartan. The continental breakfast was very limited in selection and quantity (a sign read, "continental breakfast served from 6 am until gone"). The motel is within walking distance of several restaurants and a supermarket.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Super 8 Harrisburg? Share your experiences!