“Crispy Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Description: www.mackiespizza.com
Illinois, United States
“Crispy Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great Pizza, with a Thin Crispy crust that crunchs when you sink you teeth into it. I havent tried their other offerings, as I cant get by without ordering the Pizza

Visited May 2012

Glen Carbon, Illinois
“The Best Thing About Harrisburg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

One of the best things about living in southern Illinois was the super thin crust of Mackie's pizza. I had an 8" sausage, mushroom & italian green pepper every week until I relocated. I do get to hit up the Marion location when I am visiting but it's not the same. The new location is great but it doesn't have half the character of Harrisburg. The old location, where you eat your pizza on mini napkins, is more my cup of tea than a stack of plates at the table. Plus, they have an old school juke box instead of 60" TVs plastered all over the walls like the Marion location. There are fun games that aren't always broken like the Marion location and the most attractive staff collectively in all of southern Illinois. The pizza is top notch at both and John and Roxy do an amazing job keeping the tradition alive but Harrisburg is far superior to it's new big brother. Adaptive Tip - Get some french dressing on the side to dip the pizza in if you are from up north and needing a Monicals fix. It's hard to tell the difference most times!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dahlgren, IL
“Good pizza, terrible service, rude incompetent staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have been to Mackie's in Marion, Illinois several times with good results, but we won't be going back to Harrisburg. We went after a baseball game and the restaurant was only about 1/3 full. The waiter never refilled drinks, and DID NOT BRING PLATES even after we asked for them! He just kept walking by with his head turned! We asked for refills, plates, napkins (our dispenser on the table was empty), but never got them! The pizza was good, but seriously terrible service. We saw him at other tables, but it looked like those folks had corralled him into bringing their stuff as well. We ate quickly and got the heck out. Very bad experience. Their pizza is pricey enough that they out to have a competent wait staff.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DuQuoin, Illinois
“JUST EWWWW!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was a first time visitor and was very disappointed in the taste of this entire pizza. I ended up sick the first time. After a while passed I thought I will try it once more...BAD decision! I just cannot tolerate the taste of this pizza. Service wasn't any good and yet again I ended up sick again the second time. I won't return there and many people I know have tried it and have said the same.

Chicago, Illinois
“nice pizza place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

its good and differant pizza and nice place to seat and eat and watch sport. server was helpful too

Visited May 2012