“Pretty good for a small town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
Urbana, Illinois
“Pretty good for a small town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a good stay at the last minute here. The interior has been updated recently, and they plan to continue the upgrades. Would prefer all non-smoking rooms in a facility, but our non-smoking room was fresh and inviting. Continental breakfast was just as expected, but also with cold items like yogurt offered. Staff were friendly. Check in and check out was smooth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hutsonville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hotel was very clean and room was ok. Staff was friendly and helpful. Water pressure in the shower was very bad and when I complained, I was assured it would be fixed or else they would put us in a new room. Next morning, I had plenty of water but then my husband didn't....odd. Room had a fridge and microwave which was nice for a cheaper hotel. Breakfast was nothing special. All in all, we were expecting less than what we got so we were happy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Naresh P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at
618-252-2442.

Comfort INN
SAT Kaival inc.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

When I arrived the building was being spray painted. I nervously parked in front uinder the ;porch and went in and told the desk clerk I had a reservation for two nights. He checked me in and charged my credit card and then told me to park away from the building on the other side of the parking lot. I said "ok" but I would need a luggage cart. He said he didn't have one. I told him I had a bad back and could not carry my bags. He said a lot of hotels don't have luggage carts and I should be happy he put me on the ground floor. Since I had never been treated like this at a hotel before I asked for a refund and left. I cannot believe the Choice Hotels allows this place to be part of their family of hotels.

Room Tip: Any hotel, motel, inn, B&B or campsite away from here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Naresh P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 618-252-2442
SAT kaival
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Room is big, but the bathroom is small. Breakfast is mediocre. The drawers were dirty, so I didn't use them. It's fine for its class of hotel.

• Stayed July 2011

618-252-2442.

Comfort INN
SAT Kaival inc.
Downey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

This hotel was such a surprise to me. We stayed in this hotel 6 years ago and it was very well mantained. So I did not even think about looking for anything else. I was there with my parents, sister, her children and myself to visit relatives. To my surprise it was VERY VERY DIRTY and breakfast was poorly supplied. I would keep driving and stay in Marion. They have a larger selection. Our family lives in Eldorado and didn't see any reason to travel. But now, we will. This is at the top of my list to NEVER stay there again. There is a Motel 8 in the same parking lot and I was told that it is run by the same family. KEEP DRIVING.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Harrsiburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We were attending my gradnmother's funeral and of course there were limited options for hotels in the Harrisburg area, so we stayed at the Comfort Inn. There were ten of us in our party and we had three rooms. We had four children with us and of course they wanted to swim in the pool when we returned to the hotel. The adults sat outside of the pool and were concerned with the amount of chlorine that was in the water it seemed very strong and overpowering. I could not even stay in the pool area due to the smell of the chemicals. After the children left the pool my brother noticed how dirty the pool really was the children had stirred up the debris at the bottom of the pool. There was definitley something not right with the level of chemicals in the pool.

After leaving the pool we all went to our rooms, which was a nightmare. My mother and I got in our beds and were watching TV when I noticed something crawling across the bed. She looked at it and decided it was not a bed bug but maybe a baby roach, either way I was totally disgusted. The good mother that she is switched beds with me. As I was sitting in that bed another bug crawled out on the pillow. I jumped up and this one was definitely a bed bug! I called the front desk worker and explained the situation and he stated that he had to come up and look, I said fine. When he arrived my brother was in the room as well, we had captured the nasty creature and put it in a zip lock bag for him. He pulled the mattress back and there was lots of bug debris and another bed bug!!! We left that room to go to another room (which I knew would not be any better) I immediately pulled the mattress back in that room and again there was a lot of bug debris! Needless to say we were not going to stay in this hotel for the night. My sister- in - law then discovered bug bites on her and their mattress was also covered with bug debris. Traveling as a family we all wanted to leave together and go down the road to Paducha for the night to stay. The hotel owner was contacted and would only give back one refund and not the other two. Our entire party thought this was ridiculous and could not believe that we were only going to get one refund back when all the rooms there are probably infested!!!!! This was the worst hotel I have been in, we will never return and probably will not ever go to another Comfort Inn! I hope they get shut down for breaking several health code violations and I wish I would have knocked on everyones door to warn them about the critters in their bed! Horrible stay!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Rockford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

This place is hard to get to off of the main street. Once you get there you are surprised to find there are no elevators. My husband referred to the pool as a "sheep dip" as it was probably the most uninviting pool (dirty and unattractive in every way) we'd ever seen (and I was looking so forward to a swim which needless to say I didn't take). The room was okay and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom didn't look quite clean but a shower was okay to take. The real shocker was when we went for the complimentary breakfast - the apples were shriveled and looked like they'd been there for months. The hard boiled eggs looked yucky (maybe they were good but they were presented so poorly that I was scared to try them). The coffee was sort of okay. My husband and I opted for refrigerated bagels because we could toast them and a package of cream cheese each that was unopened. There was very little offered and even less to choose from. The next time I'm in this area, I'm going to try the motel next door.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

SAT kaival inc.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!