“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Harrisburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Room is big, but the bathroom is small. Breakfast is mediocre. The drawers were dirty, so I didn't use them. It's fine for its class of hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Naresh P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at
618-252-2442.

Comfort INN
SAT Kaival inc.

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Downey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

This hotel was such a surprise to me. We stayed in this hotel 6 years ago and it was very well mantained. So I did not even think about looking for anything else. I was there with my parents, sister, her children and myself to visit relatives. To my surprise it was VERY VERY DIRTY and breakfast was poorly supplied. I would keep driving and stay in Marion. They have a larger selection. Our family lives in Eldorado and didn't see any reason to travel. But now, we will. This is at the top of my list to NEVER stay there again. There is a Motel 8 in the same parking lot and I was told that it is run by the same family. KEEP DRIVING.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Naresh P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 618-252-2442
SAT kaival inc.

Travelers are raving about these Harrisburg hotels

Harrsiburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We were attending my gradnmother's funeral and of course there were limited options for hotels in the Harrisburg area, so we stayed at the Comfort Inn. There were ten of us in our party and we had three rooms. We had four children with us and of course they wanted to swim in the pool when we returned to the hotel. The adults sat outside of the pool and were concerned with the amount of chlorine that was in the water it seemed very strong and overpowering. I could not even stay in the pool area due to the smell of the chemicals. After the children left the pool my brother noticed how dirty the pool really was the children had stirred up the debris at the bottom of the pool. There was definitley something not right with the level of chemicals in the pool.

After leaving the pool we all went to our rooms, which was a nightmare. My mother and I got in our beds and were watching TV when I noticed something crawling across the bed. She looked at it and decided it was not a bed bug but maybe a baby roach, either way I was totally disgusted. The good mother that she is switched beds with me. As I was sitting in that bed another bug crawled out on the pillow. I jumped up and this one was definitely a bed bug! I called the front desk worker and explained the situation and he stated that he had to come up and look, I said fine. When he arrived my brother was in the room as well, we had captured the nasty creature and put it in a zip lock bag for him. He pulled the mattress back and there was lots of bug debris and another bed bug!!! We left that room to go to another room (which I knew would not be any better) I immediately pulled the mattress back in that room and again there was a lot of bug debris! Needless to say we were not going to stay in this hotel for the night. My sister- in - law then discovered bug bites on her and their mattress was also covered with bug debris. Traveling as a family we all wanted to leave together and go down the road to Paducha for the night to stay. The hotel owner was contacted and would only give back one refund and not the other two. Our entire party thought this was ridiculous and could not believe that we were only going to get one refund back when all the rooms there are probably infested!!!!! This was the worst hotel I have been in, we will never return and probably will not ever go to another Comfort Inn! I hope they get shut down for breaking several health code violations and I wish I would have knocked on everyones door to warn them about the critters in their bed! Horrible stay!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Rockford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

This place is hard to get to off of the main street. Once you get there you are surprised to find there are no elevators. My husband referred to the pool as a "sheep dip" as it was probably the most uninviting pool (dirty and unattractive in every way) we'd ever seen (and I was looking so forward to a swim which needless to say I didn't take). The room was okay and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom didn't look quite clean but a shower was okay to take. The real shocker was when we went for the complimentary breakfast - the apples were shriveled and looked like they'd been there for months. The hard boiled eggs looked yucky (maybe they were good but they were presented so poorly that I was scared to try them). The coffee was sort of okay. My husband and I opted for refrigerated bagels because we could toast them and a package of cream cheese each that was unopened. There was very little offered and even less to choose from. The next time I'm in this area, I'm going to try the motel next door.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Thamesford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

With that being said , no drain stopper to have a bath even .No way to turn the shower on . But the shower head is there . Drive to Marion

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Wisconson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We had to drive an 8 hour trip to Harrisburg for a funeral. Five rooms were reserved in total for a Thursday check-in and Sunday check-out. We were excited for the kids to have an indoor pool to help alleviate at some of the sadness from the funeral. Regretfully, upon check-in, there in front of us was an indoor pool that was no longer than maybe a car and half, and fairly narrow. We referred to it as oversized bathtub. Upon arriving to the room, we found they were nothing spectacular, but they would do and seemed fairly clean. Upon entering the bathroom however, there two separate spiders nests in the ceiling corners. After speaking with other members in our group, we found their comforters were absolutely filthy and dirty and they had to request they be washed again; which I might add took them several hours to complete.

After we settled in, we walked down to the first floor, no elevators, only to find an almost empty soda machine. FInally, we decided to take advantage of the free wireless internet service. Regretfully, no matter what we did, we were unable to aquire the network IP address. After several security changes and much frustration, I gave up. It was so late, I chose to just try again in the morning.

On Friday morning we headed downstairs for the free breakfast; which was almost gone with plenty of time left before they closed it down. The were a handful of donuts, no bagels, warm milk, 4 pieces of bread, and waffle maker that your waffles stuck to and no spray to fix it. After a very quick bite, we headed back to our room to shower and start our day. Only to find in the short 10 minutes we were gone, our room was in complete disarray; beds were tore apart, comforters lay on the floor, they had begun to clean our room already and this was before 9:00 a.m. in the morning. We asked for a few minutes to get ready and we would get out of there way. Very shortly later, housekeeping was back, so we just decided to let her clean and we would leave. We decided to head down to the desk and ask about the Internet as we still could not obtain the connection and we were told that it was our laptop and there was nothing wrong. This being after several attempts to convince him we KNEW it was not that lapto and that there was a problem with their network or server. He assured me everything was fine, provided me an 800 number to call for technical assistance, but could not understand what was wrong as his computer was working fine. Since housekeeping was in our room, we took a drive for about 45 minutes, returned to find a third-party service provider had entered our room to remove, clean, and replace the air conditioner of our room. However, we were not notified and upon our return there was still a large whole in the room, a soaking wet carpet and room that was still not clean. I was very upset at the fact that a third party was allowed to enter our room, with our personal belongings still in the room, without notification or permission from us.

I must add that the Friday and Saturday evening desk clerk was the absolute meanest and rudest person I have ever encountered in a customer service atmosphere. As he was wiping down the front desk, mother-in-law asked if she could ask him a question; without hesitation he simply stated, "You will have to wait until I am finished." WHAT? How rude. The next morning he was washing the windows on the door entrance as some of our group was coming in. Do you think it ever crossed his mind to maybe open and hold the door for them? He barely acknowledged their presence. Screamed at people to "hurry up and get out of the pool room, it was 9:00 p.m. and the pool closes at 9:00. My guess would not be to wait until 9 on the button if you wanted the door locked at 9. Furthermore, what hotel ever has their pool area close prior to 10:00 o.m.?

FInally, on Saturday after returning from our funeral service, we returned to our room to change clothes for the luncheon, only to have the kids come running down the hall that all of our belongings were gone. Housekeeping claimed our reservations were only through Saturady (EVEN THOUGH OUR ENTIRE PARTY OF FIVE ROOMS WAS STAYING UNTIL SUNDAY!!!) and that management had instructed them to pack our things up and move them. I was absolutely furious. At no time did they ever acknowledge at the front desk that this could have been their error, in addition to never offering any discount or "peace" offering. It was absolutely unbelievable. We were ready to pack and leave for the Super 8 just outside the door in the same parking lot, but mom convinced us to stay with the family. When they checked us back in, it was at a higher rate than the two previous nights, yet they continued to tell us it was a discount. They put us in a room right next our original room, but it was a smoking room and low and behold THIS ROOM HAD TO SPIDERS NESTS IN IT TOO!

I do not know what else to say other than I would keep driving if you need a place to stay and look further down the road.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Southern Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I read a couple of reviews through another webiste and found this hotel to be adequate. It was very plain from the outside and a little off the path of Route 13 (my main route) but I was optimistic it would be a comfortable stay.

I asked for the handicap room because it was a few dollars cheaper. Won't do that again - no room around the sink to put anything! But my main complaint is that they didn't clean the bathroom. There was urine underneath the toilet seat, which was noticeable with seat down. I immediately reported this to the front desk after checking in. They sent the housekeeper to my room right then. Everything else was OK, very plain and simple. No noises, very basic breakfast - glad I had a breakfast meeting elsewhere.

Oh, and I was shocked to fine they didn't have a computer for guests to use!

If it is a one night stay passing through, it will probably do - but check the bathroom! :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

SAT kaival inc.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!