“Cheap....for a reason” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hanover Park
“Cheap....for a reason”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel to be closer for medical treatment I was receiving. When I booked it seemed too good to be true to get such a great rate for a room including a kitchenette. The front desk staff was very nice and I did not encounter any problems until I left the lobby to go to the third floor. A sign in the lobby promoted that the third floor had recently been remodeled and the second floor was currently undergoing remodeling as well. I was excited to see my newly renovated room! The second the elevator doors opened on the third floor I was almost plowed over by the stench. The elevator appears to be right near the smoking section which raised red flags for me, but as I ventured to find my room I became less worried as my room appeared to be almost the furthest away from the smoking area as possible. Hugh sigh of relief...until I opened my room to discover that the awful stench of the hallway was in the room as well. I figured I would have to get used to it. :/ but every time I left the hotel and came back, I was overwhelmed with the need to vomit it smelled so vile. Luckily I had dryer sheets with me that I could use to try to cover the smell a little bit. I also tried to open the windows, but some people were using a grill in the parking lot below and the smoke was billowing up into my room. Another issue with this room is that the walls appear to be made of paper. I could hear complete conversations from people in the hall and/or other rooms. A loud party appeared to be taking place down the hall until the wee hours of the morning keeping me up and not able to get the rest that was needed following my medical treatment.
The bed was unfortunately not comfortable at all, but a nice leather recliner was comfortable and served as my bed for the duration of my stay.
The construction went on even on weekends which was a disappointment because it seemed as though someone was drilling through the wall of my room. P.S. if I were them I would fire the contractor because the remodel was not done well at all. The fake wood floors were not even put in correctly and the room was horribly dirty for having just been redone.

Great idea, wonderful price, huge disappointment and waste of money.

• Stayed November 2012
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you were not pleased with your room. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is reviewing details of your review for opportunities for improvement. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at chp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park

Address: 1075 Lake St., Hanover Park, IL 60103
Location: United States > Illinois > Hanover Park
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hanover Park
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Hanover Park
Hanover Park Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park IL, North America

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.