“yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Glendale Heights, Illinois
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

i love to go for there breakfast, they tend to give you and extra egg too... the oj is fresh and not store bought. it is greek so there is the normal foods too, fyi beer 1.00 per bottle limit 3

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“What Happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Once long ago a good restaurant and great value. We stopped eating at Spring Garden a few years ago. I believe the restaurant changed hands because the food went from good to bad to terrible. I was served the worst lamb in the world and complained to owner. Did he offer to take it off the check? NO! And I use to order lamb because it was so good. That was the last time we ate there until afew weeks ago when we were told the food had improved. BS, bad as ever. Stay away until they get some new cooks and clean the place up.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bartlett, IL
“Not all that much to write about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

Pretty much a typical Greek/American Restaurant but one that has recently let its prices get away. Far too pricey for what it offers nowadays, expecially breakfast which can be found at better prices in any number of local eateries. I suspect they may have had to raised prices to recoup some of what they lost when the no-smoking law came in. Later in the day the bread baskets are no longer fresh or filled with all the varieties offered earlier. They do offer daily specials which are not too pricey and are of a nice portion. Sometimes understaffed, and a hurried waitstaff that seems to be unfriendly and less than attentive to refills or follow-up to the patrons needs.

USA
“Still Waiting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

Let me just say that the cream of chicken & rice and the cream of spinach soups are great! That is what keeps me coming back to the spring garden cafe. Now, the other things on the menu that I have tried were all terrible; The last straw for me what the chicken caesar salad, how could you get that wrong? The salad had wilted old tasting lettuce, old microwave tough chicken, tomatoes (which I am allergic too and why I ask for chicken caesar rather than just chicken salad because caesar's don't include tomato) and there was a big puddle of seemingly rain water in the bottom of the container that deemed it 'unedible'!

I have called to complain twice and when you do they never offer to compensate you; "I'm sorry" is the only thing to fill my belly during a long days work.

I am definitely shell shocked from ordering there because everymeal has been unsatisfactory to me. I am beginning to think that they don't put as much care into the togo orders because everything I see on the dine-in patrons plates looks yummy. So, until I gain some courage to try another meal, its only cream of chicken or spinach soup for me!