“Very nice and price worthy” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Miami, Florida
“Very nice and price worthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The rooms are very big and it is very price efficient. The hotel is close to a HUGE mall (1mile+ worth of walking). It is close to the naval base so it's a great place if you have family or friends graduating from bootcamp. It is also very close to the six flag attraction park (which btw does not open in the winter.) It's in a great location with lots of nearby activities such as an ice skating rink, mall, restaurants and movie theater. It was a very clean hotel with lots of amenities.

BTW if you you are going to use the fridge make sure you lower the temperature. It is standardly on freezing mode so just move the knob to the middle :)
Also if you're going to get a manicure in the area there is a nice "Q Nail" salon on the near plaza. The service quality there is much better than at the mall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd and 1st floor they are both nice and quiet but it is nicer on the second floor as y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeshal S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gurnee Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Madam,

We truly appreciate your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the walk to the mall and the salon in the nearby plaza. I am guessing by your review you were here for the Navy Graduation and we would like to congratulate your family for the same.

Please do visit us in the future and help us make your stay memorable.

Jeshal Sheth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for the day after Christmas thru Sunday the 30th. I'm from Waukegan originally and was coming home for a visit and was really glad when I called the hotel directly and they matched the Priceline quote I had found online (I wanted to make sure I would get a 2 bed room vs one king). The hotel is very VERY clean, the rooms are much bigger than I thought. Ours had 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area with a couch that pulled out. It also included a flat panel TV, microwave and mini fridge, and the sink area is outside the bathroom, making it a great choice for us since we were two ladies who needed occasional mirror time. :)
Checking in and out was a breeze, and when my final bill wasn't exactly what I was quoted, it was changed without incident. The breakfast wasn't anything too over the top, but we had selection enough that we weren't left hungry. I noticed the hot tub wasn't open, but we were too busy to even go into the pool so it wasn't a bother for me. Free wifi...lots of room to move around...a clean space and the beds were super comfy. We will without a doubt stay here again. We had room 126 on the main floor right at the end of the hallway and it was perfect.
Thank you for making my return home a great one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gurnee Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was my pleasure to be of service during your stay and we hope to enhance your experience in the future.

clayton nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although I have stayed at best western hotels before,this was my first time staying here at the one in Gurnee and overall it was a great experience. First of all the price I paid for my room was in my opinion a decent deal since the hotel seemed to be pretty much booked. The front desk employee was very friendly and informed me on local restaurants to try.I settled on the irish pub that was close by. The room was comfortable but the toilet did run that first night.Not a huge deal,but more annoying than anything.I did tell the front desk about it and it was promptly fixed. Over the hotel is a good one and very convenient to I-94

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Waunakee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our third stay at the Best Western Gurnee Hotel and Suites. Staff were accomodating with all three trips. I recommend to book directly with hotel, vs. online. During each stay we were perfectly delighted with reception - Hetal (front desk manager) should recieve an award for her attention to detal and her cusotmer service. Two stays were with friends on Christmas Shopping Trip, and third stay was with childern to Six Flags- Great America. One one stay I booked on line- what a mistake. Hetal was able to help us the best she could, and our trip was saved by her efforts. The hotel is often booked full, so plan ahead.

Rooms are CLEAN. Beds are VERY comfortable. We used the pool with the kids, and they enjoyed it. I was able to have coffee 24/7 at the front desk area. Room staff are very polite and do a wonderful job making each of my stays enjoyable.

The hotel is very close to the mall. There is a free shuttle. Great America is right across the street, but you can save $20 in parking if you take the free shuttle. Several places to eat right around the hotel, within walking distance.

Wonderful breakfast available each day until 10am. A different menu, including hot foods (eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage) fruits, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk...the list goes on. We felt we were staying for free, after eating the breakfast, as we would have spent the price of the room alone for a meal for the 4 of us.

During most recent stay we were able to have adjoining rooms for our two rooms. It was nice and relaxing to be able to use our rooms for visiting. The rooms are large- with a couch, table, and chairs for visiting. The fridge was COLD when we arrived- unlike other hotels.

I feel like we can not go wrong when selecting this hotel. Our group of friends usually pick a new city to Christmas Shop in each year...but after staying at this hotel, we feel we will return year after year. It is great to know that we have found a hotel that meets our needs.

Again, Hetal is a true gem. It was not just with our group. I sat in the lobby for a short time waiting for friends, and saw her interactions with many guests- each leaving her with a smile. if things were not right- she made sure that she did everything possible to make it best posssible stay.

Room Tip: If possible, stay in room facing pakring lot/entry area. The busy street has a lot of traffic, and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jeshal S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gurnee Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for taking time to wroite about your visit at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay as stated in the review and we hope to correct and fulfill any concerns you may have had in the future.

Happy Holidays,

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very impressed!! Tons of places to eat around the hotel. Great free breakfast! Very clean! Great rate! Mall was close. 10 Minutes from Naval Base. Which was my main reason for going. Took no time at all to get there for PIR and Liberty for my son. Perfect location!! If I had to go back to that area, I would without a doubt, stay at this hotel!! Did not use the pool, but it looked inviting. I needed to print something from my email, and there was a computer room! On site laundry too!!! Free coffee 24/7!! A very convenient place to stay!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Happy Holidays,

Jeshal Sheth

Been to BEST WESTERN Gurnee Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!