“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Nekoosa, WI
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our first visit to this hotel did not leave us wanting to return. When we complained, the manager immediately responded to our concerns. We were hesitant to stay again, but are glad we did. The room was great, the breakfast sufficient to get your day started and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The full kitchen facilities would be great for travelers on a budget or with children and not wantin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. I preferred a better selection of breakfast; however, couldn't complain because the cost wasn't bad at all and not worth the fuss (Go Priceline)! It's in an extremely convenient location surrounded by loads of restAurants and Walmart including just miles away from Kenosha/Prairie View outlet mall. I was pleasantly surprised the elevator worked without long waiting times and never crowded.

• Stayed August 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 months for business and found the staff and management to be extremely friendly and always willing to help out. The manager does an outstanding job and wants you to have a good stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody, but for those of you who might be looking to for a place to stay while visiting Great America or anything else in the Gurnee area, this is a great spot. The rooms are clean and there is free Wi-fi. Additionally, there is a small breakfast bar in the morning with fruit and granola bars and whatnot. It also has easy interstate access and is within walking distance of many restaurants; if you want to drive only a couple miles there are many, many more restaurants nearby, and also a very large shopping mall. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start by saying the front desk staff was pleasant and after that I can find nothing positive to say. We travel all the time and have never run into anything like this. The refrigerator had old dried brown particles of something that was left for who knows how long in it. The bathroom floor had a white powder(I hope it wasn't a drug!) all over the floor. The pillow cases had clean ones to the front but the ones behind had not been changed. I honestly believe they changed towels front pillow cases and that is it in this room. If it wasn't so late when we had arrived I would have said charge us anyway and we will find somewhere else. This by far was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nekoosa, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Upon arriving, the front clerk (an older woman) was out of sight, but having a conversation with 2 others in back of the desk about how people who get a good deal on Priceline shouldn't expect much. I feel that if Extended Stay America accepts a price from a third party, no matter which one (Expedia, etc.) that guest should get the same service/accomodations as anyone else. The toilet was clogged when we first used it at a little after 5 p.m. and we were told Mainenance was gone for the day, so they sent up a plunger. There were no washcloths in the room. There was coffee and a coffee pot (+), but no sugar or creamer (-)/ The refrigerator had been leaking for some time, because the laminate floor in front of it was wet and already buckled. At one time there had been a table in the corner, which would have been nice because there was no place to plug a computer in if you wanted to work on it without draining the battery. The carpeting on the 3rd floor looks like it has never been cleaned. On the positive side, the bed was clean and comfortable. The location to restaurants and shopping is great. The clerk on duty when we checked out was a young black woman and could not have been friendlier.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 2-1/2 star room when searching. It can make a big difference. I will never go for a 2 s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very Friendly Staff!!! Great people to look forward to in the morning and when you get back from work. Always receive a warm welcome and a smile.
Property is well maintained and very clean. I will definitely stay here on my future visit.

Room Tip: My room is on the south on the second floor. Extremely quite. Easy to get in and out of the property...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I really loved the location it was near a lot of restaurants. The check in process was a breeze the girl at the front desk answered all my questions with no hesitation I do believe her name was daisy or Stacy. But then a old lady came her name tag was Lynn she was the one with the white hair. She ruined the whole atmosphere she was giving me a dirty look and rolled her eyes. I do not like her and I wish not to see her next time I check in. I wish she was nice like the other young lady. Also a other guest was asking for some towels and the old lady gave the guest a attitude and the younger girl Stacy or daisy asked the guest what kind of towels and said just a moment the guest waited. She finished with my check in gave me id and credit card and presented the basket with stuff and told me about the breakfast and other things I left and she helped the guest with the towels I would like to see Stacy or daisy next time I do arrive. She has good customer service. And she was friendly and always with a smile. Unlike the old lady I would highly recommend this hotel to friends family and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee? Share your experiences!