“Great staff, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Gurnee, Illinois
“Great staff, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel was great: quiet, clean, up to date.
The staff was even better. Vicky runs a great team that is friendly, helpful and caring, something you don't find too much of anymore. I would recommend this facility to everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Gurnee. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a reservation at another hotel. When I told my cab driver where is was staying he told me I could get more value at the Extended Stay for less money and I would be closer to the businesses I had to service. So we called the Extended Stay and they were totally booked. My cabbie then dialed the manager directly and with-in on hour I got a room. The room was excellent, very clean, and was smoke free. The staff is very friendly. The fact that we could walk to I-Hop, Joe's crab Shack, McDonald's, Olive Garden and the mall was a plus because I love to Eat and shop...HaHa

Room Tip: Always call. The manager Vicky was awesome. If you need a cab driver that know the area call "S...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such great things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Gurnee. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Sewell, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Had an overnight stay here the other day. Staff was very friendly and efficient at check-in and check-out, Room was clean. Certainly not a 4-star hotel, but comfortable and worth the cost of the stay. Near a lot of restaurants and Great Adventure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Gurnee. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed here for over a year since my job was relocated near here in Waukegan. The staff here is great ...friendly and accomodating to my needs. I think for the price I pay ...the living conditions & accomodations are very satisfactory. Have a kitchen with utensils that meet my daily needs...full size refrigerator, stove top with two burners / Microwave and a toaster. You get a free Internet connection and free passes to Gold Gym ...great extras. Lots of good resteraunts nearby...Cracker Barrel, Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse...all within walking distance. There is also a Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance if you need your morning coffe fix :-). I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Gurnee. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Gurnee, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I've been staying here for about a month now. There must be a whole new staff because everyone I have talked with is very friendly! Vicky the Manager is a very sweet lady and will make sure you're taken care of.
Yes, this isn't 5 star high class hotel. There's a reason you're not paying over $100/night.
The kitchen is VERY useful... I've only had to buy a few items like paper towels and a sponge.
The bed is typical hotel bed.. though it's certainly not the worst I've slept in! I take my own blankets, comforter and pillows with me on all road trips... so that certainly makes it comfier for me. :)
I wouldn't consider this walking distance to Six Flags (unless you're feeling very ambitious...)
Though Six Flags is right next door!
It is walking distance to some great restaurants and a bar with an amazing beer selection.
Everything else is about a mile away
Walmart, best buy, gurnee mall, target, Sams Club... seriously... anything you could need.
Also, quick drive to the Naval base.
If you're coming out to Great Lakes for a PIR Grad or to see your sailor it's a great area to be at.

This hotel is VERY pet friendly! Obviously you have to pay a lil extra. Though it's a one time fee and not very bad at all. I have my 60lbs huskey with me! :] And there's a field right next to the hotel she gets to run around and play in.

You also get free passes to Gold Gyms... So go join a spinning or yoga class!

I feel safe here, my dog is happy, and everyone is so very friendly.
I would highly recommend this place. :]

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I stayed here in June of 2008 with a friend of mine for a weekend trip to Six Flags Great America. We chose this hotel because we THOUGHT it would be within walking distance to the park and the price of the room was less than other hotels in the same area. I wish i would have spent the extra money and stayed somewhere else. We arrived very late at night (4 hour drive after working 8 1/2 hrs before leaving) to find a rather rude desk clerk. She acted as if we were bothering her by checking in so late - not my fault, we told them ahead of time that it would be a very late check-in. She almost acted like we were lying about having a reservation. After we made our way up in the ricketty elevator, my friend and i both noticed that the hotel had a very "lived in" look. People were looking out their doors to see who was coming down the hall, as if they were expecting the pizza delivery guy at 3 a.m. Televisions and radios were turned all the way up as well. We made it to our room and were not pleased. Yes, these rooms do have kitchenetts in them with full size refigerators, microwaves, sinks, and stoves. Too bad i hadn't stocked up on groceries before going there but having the fridge was nice for soda's and leftovers. The bathroom was decent enough. The bed, however, was not. Very small, uncomfortable, and dirty. I almosted wanted to sleep with one eye open. There was also a huge gap under the room door which made my friend very nervous. The hotel is near Six Flags, the side part of Six Flags where you cannot enter. It is the very last building at the end of the road. So unless you want to start your morning off with a hike to Six Flags to avoid the parking fee, plan on driving over there.
For the most part the room was clean but it really gave you a creepy feeling staying there.
This hotel "appears" nice from the outside of the building and the landscaping but it all changes once you get inside.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
branson, missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

My stay was immediately horrible, starting at check-in. The man at the desk was incompitent and rude. He gave us misguided information, and threw our problems off onto the next person available. The room key was ancient, and didnt work. For the first two days of our stay we had to have the person at the front desk accompany us to the room in order to unlock it with a manager's key. The room was clean, but not to the expectations that I would expect after paying $100 a night. Housekeeping didn't leave clean towels once during an almost 2 week trip. I would never stay there again, or recommend anyone, no matter what the budget, stay either.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee? Share your experiences!