“V-day Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Lake Villa, Illinois
“V-day Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Overall this was a nice hotel. My boyfriend and I originally booked a king size bed for one evening and after being there we couldn't resist spending another night there. Our bed was comfortable. Beautiful room overall. Some of the things I found to be negatives though were the following: pool was cold, I think there was a lot of chlorine in the pool/hot tub because we both had red marks on us after and our eyes were red, we didn't have Kleenex in our room when we first entered, we noticed there was a tissue under the bed, the fan in the room was pretty loud and in the standard king room we had booked there was no refrigerator or microwave. I noticed after being in the room had we spent more that we could have that in the room, but oh well. There was a good selection of TV stations available and the hotel was clean and looked new. We didn't use the bar though it looked awesome and like something we would have enjoyed. The staff was very friendly and informed us on everything upon check in. I would come back to this hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent quality service! The staff were superb. Any issues my Mother and I had the staff was quick to help or solve. I'm a disabled veteran and I sometime have special needs and they were able to accommodate me and that really helped my Mother.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for recognizing our staff and thank you for your service!
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and myself and my 2 boys stayed here for my Daughter's Navy Graduation. I have to stay this Hotel and all the staff made this trip so amazing the room was great the staff was very helpful I can not say enough good things about it. I would recommend for anyone to stay here Lamar at the front desk was awesome so Yvonne ,Dwayne, and Brittany I think that was her name they were all the shuttle drivers they all made our trip since we didn't rent a car if they can get any incentive for this they should get as much as they can because all 4 of them are truly amazing people they all went above and beyond what they had to do thank you guys so much

Room Tip: Get with Lamar tell him what you need and he will know right where to put you
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
"Awesome" and "Amazing" - great words to describe our wonderful staff. Thank you for taking time out to mention them. Thank you also to your daughter for her service to our country.
Germantown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Carpet was a mess in the room, warm water in the shower, food subpar, bartender needs to get head checked out. It's a Super 8 with olive green hotel sign. I spend over 300 nights in a hotel room in a year. This Holiday Inn is poor and not the Holiday Inn you would expect. Heads up!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We appreciate you providing feedback regarding your recent visit. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our apology if we failed to meet your expectations. We would appreciate receiving an email or a phone call so we may discuss your stay in further detail.
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Heather (bartender), Dewayne, and LaMar (front desk) were all so friendly and accommodating! Rooms were clean. Glad to see the bath & body works products - nice touch!

Cons:
The sleeper couch should be replaced as one can feel every spring coil on the mattress. Very uncomfortable! Don't bother with the buffet breakfast. The pancakes, eggs, diced potatoes, sausage & bacon were awful.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about being a rewards club member.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your compliments on the staff. They will be very please that you recognized them. As to the sleeper sofa and the breakfast, we appreciate you taking time out to share this with us. We constantly strive to improve all aspects of our operation and will discuss with the team.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Was told I was given best rate for room $84. While checking out lady in another room left her checkout bill by elavator....her rate 69$, 18% better?! Brought this to attention to young man at front desk, his reply, "next time you should call thru a 3rd party to get better deal". Said it kind of snidley. I asked him there's nothing you can do? Same reply I got from him. I told him your letting a customer walk out a little upset? I was looking for same rate, but would have been happy with a free candy bar. With many hotels in area, and six flags closed in winter occupency rates have to be down, and there are many other hotels in area. I know customers aren't always right, but in a service industry there is ALWAYS something you can do to keep a customer happy, especially while saying goodbye.

Mo-

• Stayed January 2014
On behalf of the hotel I due wish to apologize that you walked away unhappy. Similar to the airlines, guests at our hotel pay many different rates based on when they booked their reservations, if they paid in advance, if they are traveling with a group or company, etc. The way to get the best price is to monitor our website and to scroll through the various specials and discounts that might apply to your situation.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was at this hotel for a conference last month. The hotel did a very nice job arranging everything for the conference and to make sure it was moving smoothly. However, during the conference time, they really jacked up the rate of the hotel rooms about 100 dollars over what they normally are and it definitely wasn't worth staying here unless you absolutely had to. There is nothing amazing or special about this hotel and could easily save money by staying at any other hotels near by if the princes are lower.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments on the conference that you attended. Your room rate did include all meals provided while you attended the conference. On behalf of the hotel I do wish to apologize if there was any confusion.

Been to Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center? Share your experiences!