“Certainly not "Chicago Style"!!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Portland, Oregon
“Certainly not "Chicago Style"!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Since I haven't been in the Chicago area for some time and wanting a taste of a "Chicago Style" pizza, I was brought to this place on a recommendation by some friends on a Tuesday evening last week. What a disappointment!!!! Great service but even that will not make up for a pizza that I could have substituted with a frozen one from the grocery store and come out better. We ordered a 1/2 Hawaiian and 1/2 Taco pizza on a thin crust and about the only thing good was that the pizza was hot!!! I am not sure what the attraction is but certainly doesn't seem to be the pizza!!!! Good thing they have a great beer and drink selection. The next time I am back in the Chicago area, I will drive the extra distance and find a true authenic Chicago Pizza that I know will make me believe that nothing beats a real "Chicago Style Pizza"!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best around here. quonset on grand/mcaree DEFINITELY kicks their butt as far as thin crust goes though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

best around here.

Midland, GA
“Great pizza/great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

When I worked in nearby Gages Lake, my co-workers and I would regularly eat here for lunch (at least 2-3 times a month). Great pizza, consistent prompt and friendly service and reasonable prices...Casual and comfortable atmosphere. I'd still be a regular if I hadn't moved away.

Gurnee
“Best Thin Crust Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

Fast delivery, great thin crust pizza, friendly restaurant service