“Please open a restaurant by me!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Manteno, Illinois
“Please open a restaurant by me!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you love enormous mushy burritos loaded with everything but the kitchen sink, this place isn't for you!!!

We were on a trip to six flags and stumbled upon this little gem. I hate fast food, but we were looking for something fast to grab. My husband and my other daughter chose the subway next door.
My other daughter chose to eat at this appealing taco- place with me.

We ordered steak tacos with sliced avacados and cheese. Not loaded down with all of the usual stuff. The flavour of the meat was delicious. The taco was simple and fantastic!
The food was delicious, extremely fresh, and no need to doctor it up with wasteful added mush.
Little bottles of non-alcoholic sangria was a nice touch too.
We went a month ago and can still remember everything about the little gem of a place.
Please open another franchise down south.
Might not go over well with the mother load burrito eaters down south, sorry.
Julie from Manteno Illinois

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Clever name, Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice little spot for a quick and tasty meal. This restaurant has only been open for about a year I believe. Has many gluten free options since they use corn tortillas. If you do not like corn tortillas with your mexican food then you might not like most of the things on their menu. Luckily I prefer corn tortillas. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gurnee, Illinois
“Unique food, definitely a place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Momcorn has delicious food that is mainly corn based. The sopes, tamales, and corn chowder are my favorites. It is a bit confusing the first time you go there since the menu is posted on the wall, but you are served by a server. Once you've been there once though, you learn the routine and will want to go back. It appears to be family owned and operated with all of the food made from scratch. It is very tasty and a great place to try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gurnee
“LOVE Momcorn's!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Thank you for openning your establishment... I love your fresh, healthy and tasty food...It's much better than eating at home...
The owner/s are very friendly, you can tell they actually care about their customers...
I will be your loyal customer forever!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Antioch, Illinois
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Went in with a groupon ti try it out, and I'm glad we went with that and didn't pay full price. Food was ok, chicken tamales had one little piece of chicken in them, tortilla soup was ok and a small salad. Don't plan on returning.

Visited March 2013