“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
Pontiac, Michigan
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Spacious clean room and comfortable bed. Close to alot of amenities, Six Flags and Gurnee Mills (shopping mall). Experienced a bit of confusion with my pillow i forgot in the room but was found a few days later :)
The TV in the room should be upgraded to a flat screen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jeshal S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for review and we hope to serve you better on an ongoing basis.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My son and I arrived early at 10:30 a.m., the desk told us that they had no rooms ready yet. Asked them to hold our bag till we get back tonight, and they has no problem. Arrived back at 7:15 p.m. and was given our keys and room # after verifying my ID. The room was ground floor and big, I can't imagine the size of a suite. Watched a movie a bedtime, to time for swimming because we were to tired.

The next morning we checked out at 9:30 a.m. and again asked the desk to watch our bag until we came back from the park for the bus home. Again not an issue.

There was in no way any kind of issue with this hotel, Top notch and close to a decent destination.

Who brings camping gear into a hotel? Weird.

Good job girls and guy's.

Mark

Room Tip: Lower level, room 102 was AWESOME.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

I thank you for your kind words and in detail response to your experience here with us. We hope to keep serving you better and we wish you do choose us in the future.

Country Inn and Suites Gurnee
Wayne, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here on a recommendation from a realtir on a house hunting trip. What a disappointment! This place advertises themselves as being close to Six Flags amusement park - I guess they expect everyone to be satisfied with what they get as quality and comfort certainly are not part of their business model.

Upon registration, you have to sign an agreement to pay an additional penalty if you smoke in the room, as it was supposedly a no-smoking hotel. But the room itself REEKED of smoke - not from someone sneaking a smoke in the bathroom but long standing smoking in the room that had never been cleaned or treated. There were even burn marks in the old, worn-out rug.

Furthermore, the TV was an ancient large tube model - had to be at least 10 - 12 years old. The picture was messed up and hard to watch. At least the coffee pot worked. The mattress was so old and worn out that it had a large cavity in the center that my wife and I kept rolling into. Straight out of an old I Love Lucy routine. Neither of us slept well.

"Breakfast" the next morning was cold and unappetizing. The coffee creamers were all spoiled - I went through eight before finding 2 I could use in my coffee. The staff did not speak English and I could not get them to understand that the creamers were spoiled and dangerous to serve.

Bottom line, this place is a dump that is run by people who do not care and are relying on the Six Flags crowd who are desperate for a room and will settle for anything. Stay away!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for the incovnenience and I am pretty certain we can accomodate you better during your next visit with us.

Country Inn and Suites Gurnee
Gainesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I've traveled a lot this year logging well over 60 hotel night stays and the Country Inn & Suites in Gurnee easily wins for the most uncomfortable beds of the year.  I gave up after a half hour and went down to the car, inflated my camping air mattress, grabbed my sleeping bag and pillow and took them back to my room where I set up camp.

As a general rule I avoid any hotel within five miles of an amusement park, you always pay more for much, much less. I gave this one a chance based on the reviews but will now stick solidly with the 5 mile rule from this point forward. On top of the "feel every spring" beds the linen was stained and of poor quality, bed skirts frayed.

The only positives are the front desk staff when I arrived but the night desk guy didn't raise an eye as I carted in my camping gear, lol. Oh well, live and learn! It's too bad as most Country Inn & Suites are really nice. New beds would really help!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

We apologize for your experience with our beds. We hope we can accomodate you better during your next visit.

Country Inn and Suites
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The service was very good. The manager and front desk person really focused on making sure we were happy with our stay. The manager even went out of his way to find us a great restaurant for Chicago style pizza (he found a great one!). Upon our return from dinner, he made sure to check with us to see how our dinner was and if we needed anything at all. The room was good, and the service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again upon my return to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CountryInn G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your review and we are glad to hear you and your family had a great time with us at our hotel. Hope we can serve you better in the future.

Fruita, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Upon arrival for the first of three nights with confirmation in hand, there were no rooms available. Front desk staff opened room that had a door problem and was not supposed to be rented, so that we wouldn't have to go somewhere else. Room had been closed up and was terribly hot (we were there on one of the hottest days of the year), and it wasn't the type of room we requested. Needless to say, that first night was miserable and our family did not get much rest. We switched to a proper room for the 2nd and 3rd nights and everything was fine from then on.

That first night, I called the Asst. General Manager and asked for a call back. During our 3 night stay, I never heard from him, so I called Jeshal Sheth, the general manager. I explained my dissatisfaction with our first night and he immediately made it right by offering to refund the first night. Because of him and his actions, my family will stat at a Country Inn and Suites again in the future.

The hotel's location is great very near Six Flags and several restaurants. The front desk staff needs a bit more training but were very friendly and did their best to make the most of a bad situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

I apologize for the inconvenience, however I am happy that you were satisfied with my ramification for the same. Hope you visit us soon.

Neenah, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was a great stay and was busy considering the location from Six Flags so I could tolerate the noises I heard through out the hotel. The Staff was "OK" . The girl who worked the evening shift was very inexperienced and should not have been left there on her own.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CountryInn G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you did enjoy your stay. I am certain the girl was not by herself and was being trained by one of our experienced front desk agents. We are very particular about our guest having a great experience and we know the same begins from our front desk agent.

We hope to serve you better in the future.

Jeshal Sheth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee? Share your experiences!