“First Stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5688 Northridge Dr, Gurnee, IL 60031   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

stayed here for a weekend getaway with the family somthing i do quite often here and as normal it was enjoyable... the room was clean the check inn was quick and correct they had a full house as always since its such a central loacation next to gurnee mills great america and great lakes navel academy the pool was nice and warm the hot tub was very very hot to hot to enjoy but other then that the staff was friendly and attentive and went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable will return again its not the ritz but for the price its a great bargain

Room Tip: weekends are always busy do to the location and the navel academy etc
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Glendale Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I needed a good clean room during a recent snow storm. This hotel is easily accessed from the highway, rooms are clean and well kept. They are also quiet for a good nights sleep. The rates are very reasonable also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Helen, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

First and foremost, this was my first experience with Laquinta hotels. Since we have a pet it impressed me to go to a website where the hotel brand is so pet friendly with no high or if any pet deposit. Upon arriving to hotel, the building is older. Very much older. But I guess I was going to take what I could get. We were greeted with a hearty welcome from front desk agent whose name I found out later is Jimm*. Very plesant young man. And for a person like myself that is "non white". I am always cautious of ones who may make ones feel like they are not wanted. Not in this case.

Rooms here are smaller than what I was used to. But we were quite surprised. The room was actually very clean. Newer furniture in room. Also we were surprised at the flatsceen TV. When you turn on tv, the first channel is actually the logo of hotel. Then you are given three options of listening to a creek, watching a fire and another majestic scene. SInce we went in the winter the fireplace screen was so neat. We were so impressed. The beds were very comfortable. Almost pillowtop but not quite. The sink though is not inside the bathroom. It is separate. There was a minature fridge. It sat on floor and looked older but inside it was very cold. They offered coffee with individual coffee maker with paper products of cups. They are not real. The temperature is thermostat controlled. Which was nice. They had free internet but I got knocked off several times in the night.

We did travel with a dog. Purposely when getting ready, I let my dog sit on bed for her to purposely leave small dog hairs on sheets. So that when returning for the night I would check to see if our sheets were actually changed as they promised. Sure enough, when I returned and pulled back full bedspread I could not locate one......not one single dog hair.

The towels of the hotel are actually white. Yes, white. No dingy anything. Very nice. The only thing that I disliked was how the carpet was so dirty when walking to elevator. That is my biggest pet peeve. They definitely needed vacuuming. But we went during weekend and they were very busy. Another downfall is the doors. The door we had does SLAM shut. I guess to make sure the door fully closes. Also, they do not put trash bags in trash can. We just used our own plastic bags. Upon leaving, Krysta* was again extremely pleasant.

This hotel is literally within walking distance to Cracker Barrell and to other restaurants. Also there is so much to do in this small area. Gurnee Mills (Mall) but you cannot walk to it. Also Great America (amusement park) and a water park. The area is very hardy. Does not seem to be a shady or seedy area. The area seems accepting of all cultures and races.

It would be nice though if hotel could have a small area like an enclosed dog park for dogs. There is not one in the area.

I would definitely stay here again. I was very pleased. If you are looking for thrills and frills, then there are other hotel options. But this hotel satisfied our needs. We did not eat breakfast or use the pool to comment on it. They also have a rewards program. Oh and also, must I forget, the towels in the room were actually bright white. You dont see that everywhere. I hope this hotel keeps up its standard. Keep up the good work! And management, please personally acknowledge the two associates that I mentioned in this review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee? Share your experiences!