“Got it to go, but dining in next time” 5 of 5 stars

5414 Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Chicago, Il
“Got it to go, but dining in next time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had noticed this little restaurant from the street and assumed it was a take out taco place, maybe a step above a Taco Bell. I stopped in and was surprised to see a white tablecloth restaurant! I looked the menu... definately not a Taco Bell! This is a full service Mexican restaurant with all the trimmings! I ordered the Taco lunch to go, it was on special for $6.99. When I got home and opened the bag, I couldn't believe all I got... 3 tacos, warm, fresh, well-stuffed and delicious. A side order of refried beans and a salad. By salad, I don't mean some lettuce and a chunk of tomato. I mean a good sized garden salad with a mildy spiced ranch type dressing. It was more than I could eat at one sittting! I will definately be going back with my husband and dining in.

• Visited February 2012

82% Recommend
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Excellent mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was totally in awe at the superb food this restaurant served. I ordered the Chicken a las brasas. It consisted of a half chicken with lime garlic cilantro green onions and full of spices on skin of chicken. The flavor was unbelivable. It was served with chipolte mashed potatoes which were great and soup or salad. I ordered the soup which was tortilla soup again superb.It was to much to eat so i didnt order desert but i understand everything is home made including the ice cream. Price for meal was 11.99 which was well worth it. I travel 180 nights a year and this meal is a memorable one.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

The service was good but the food was just average. It was pretty expensive for the quality of food. The margs were great though, we did get kinda drunk

Visited November 2011
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Holy Guacamole!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

What a gem
THE best Mexican restaurant in Lake County...delicious food. Try the red snapper, chili rellenos, tacos, burritos and the desserts

“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The service and the food was GREAT!!! Go early or you will have to wait for a table...

• Visited August 2011