“Refreshing gem in the local neighborhood!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Round Lake, IL
“Refreshing gem in the local neighborhood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I had been hearing about Risotto's on the radio and wanted to give it a try. It is so hard to find a good Italian restaraunt up in my neck of the woods. My sister was in town and we (my husband and I) wanted to take her to a nice place that wasn't the same old experience. I didn't know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in the door. Everyone that greeted us was friendly, warm and inviting. The menu offered a good variety of options for everyone. I always get Fettucini Alfredo and this was one of the best I've tasted. There was actually flavor in the alfredo and it tasted just as good as homeade. My husband and sister were just as pleased with their entree's. I would definitely GO back! What a sweet little gem. Give this a try. Prices are reasonable and the food is fresh and delicious!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“A breath of fresh air (or garlic, which is also nice)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I love this place! I'm sick of all the chain restaurants in the northern suburbs and Risotto's offers authentic Italian food that's not slapped together. Their filet, vesuvio-style is out of this world! Pastas and sauces are all great! Service can be touch and go....sometimes it's outstanding and the server is on top of everything and other times not so much. Probably could be said about 95% of all restaurants though. Owner/chefs (who are from Italy) seem to be there daily and stop by every time we've been there to see how the meal was. They are friendly and all their dishes are magnifico!!!

Lake Forest
“I'd eat here six days a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

In order to tell you exactly how much I love this restaurant I'd need more than 50 characters! I'm never disappointed...the appetizers and soups are always perfect and lead me to take home leftovers of whichever entree I decide on. If I can't make up my mind the owner is always willing to make something different-and just as delicious as any other menu item. The perfect getaway from chain restaurants-and just as-if not more affordable than most places in Gurnee.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Up in Gurnee, so gave it a try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My wife works up in Gurnee, but we seldom eat up there. My daughter felt like Italin so we saw this on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We had an outstanding meal. The restaurnat was not crowded (Thursday night) so we were not sure what to think. We followed the waitress' suggestions and had excellent entrees (I had Rotolo Primavera - spinach, ricotta and prisciutto baked in a tomato cream sauce). The minestone soup I had was good, but not great. Decor was very nice and the italian opera music in the background was relaxing and not overwhelming. The prices were typical for a suburban Chicago restaurant, so it was not a bargain, but well worth the price. I would definitley return and so would the others in my party.

“No Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Very bland... Very Expensive. Very old decor. Terrible salad dressing. Sorry, I wanted to like this place but its just not up to par.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere