“FUN! It was a very nice visit” 4 of 5 stars

Grandparents Month
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Racine, Wisconsin
“FUN! It was a very nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

After reading the negative reviews I just had to put a positve spin on Keylime Cove. We had a quick little family weekend getaway. It was great! The customer service was awesome! The staff really likes their job and are happy to be there. From the front desk, to the waterpark, kids craft area, restaurants, etc. The hotel and waterpark were very clean. Great job! We had a great time and will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Racine, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I and 6 of our grandchildren (ages 5 to 10) spent the weekend at Key Lime. We checked in at 1 PM on Friday and the room was ready for us and we went into the waterpark. We ate 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts at DW Andersons and loved the food and service. We were very impressed with the attentive attitude of all the lifeguards and security personnel. We encountered no problems. We realize that if you go to a waterpark on a weekend you will encounter lots of noise and exhuberant kids. We had a great time and would definitely come back on another occasion. The kids all really enjoyed the game room, which costs quite a bit extra but if you go
there you know that ahead of time and prepare for it. All of the staff were super friendly and helpful.

Bartlett, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

You would think they handed out free passes at Chicago and Milwaukee's juvenile detention centers... The parents are even worse - Getting drunk around the pool during the day... Classy... Not at all what I expected or what is represented on the website. Total lack of decency among most of the guests... Tattooed, drunk and swearing in the halls and pool area in front of the kids. Tried to get some sleep but a little after 10:00 PM someone thought it would be fun to pull the fire alarm and send hundreds of people outside for 1/2 hour in 30 degree weather while the Gurnee Fire Department checked it out. The staff are useless, and are just as inked up and dirty looking as most of the guests. This will be first and last visit... Darn non refundable deposits, or I would have left tonight when the fire alarms went off and taken my kids to a truely family friendly place in the suburbs during the day tomorrow. I'm really disappointed, and if this place keeps selling rooms at 80% off the regular rate this is what they are going to continue to attract. NOT a family friendly environment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Bearsfan158,

On behalf of the entire resort, I would like to apologize for your family’s experience. Everyone here at KeyLime Cove strives to make your experience here splash-tastic, and I appreciate the feedback from your stay.

We do ask that all of our guests abide by the quiet hours so as to create a relaxing, tropi-cool atmosphere. Our security staff works diligently to make sure that our guests who choose to enjoy this feature can do so. We do encourage all of our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as security, noise, or safety because they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion.

Again, we do apologize the inconvenience of the fire alarm, however as safety comes first it was vital for Gurnee Fire Department to thoroughly investigate this issue.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we do hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I cannot believe that KeyLime Cove is still in business with Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge only a few hours farther. We were meeting friends here for a weekend getaway. We both have young daughters and thought it would be a great place to hang out. We usually go to the Dells but thought we'd give KeyLime a try (THAT WAS OUR FIRST MISTAKE)! I made my reservation online while my friend made her's over the phone. We made our reservations over a month ahead of time! A week after making mine I realized I never got a confirmation e-mail from them. When I called they could not find my reservation anywhere. So I asked if I could remake it. I was told I could but I would have to book 2 nights since I was now calling three weeks before the date and they would not give a Saturday night without a Friday night. I was outraged and asked to speak to a manager. The manager accused me of lying and would not be helpful at all. Told me he would call me back and never did. My friend called THE SAME DAY to make sure she still had her reservation (which she did) and asked if she could add a room. They told her they were all booked for that Saturday. Who's the liar?! AWFUL experience and we hadn't even made it down there! FROM NOW ON WE WILL BE DRIVING TO THE DELLS...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear katedolan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience.

Typically, confirmation messages pop up immediately after making a reservation, and an email confirmation is sent to your email address. I apologize if this did not happen for you. If this does not happen we definitely suggest calling Reservations at 877-360-0403. In addition when booking reservations during peak times we do occasionally have two night minimums.

We truly hope that you consider KeyLime Cove as your family getaway.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Beds were unmade when we checked into our room. Called the front desk to ask for our room to be made up. When we returned from the water park, our beds where made. End of issue, or so I thought...

Today I am dumbfounded. I checked my charges from this past weekend and found that I was over charged by $150 dollars. I called (and called) the resort to find out why only to be told that I was charged $150 dollars for a missing ipod docking station. There was no ipod docking station in the room when we arrived. I had no idea I was supposed to take inventory when I arrived.

I have now left yet another message, this time with house keeping, to have the charges dropped. I have no doubt I will end of disputing the charge with American Express.

Beyond all this, the place has really become "low rent" and by Saturday afternoon the water park was impossible to enjoy. I am giving two stars only because we did enjoy ourselves early on Saturday and Friday night, but I really don't enjoy arguing about charges after I have returned home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Dear kelanto,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our staff here at the resort prides themselves on customer service and we appreciate the opportunity to improve on any situation.

I sincerely apologize for any mistake on our part and I am glad that we were able to resolve these issues to your satisfaction.

From all of us here at KeyLime Cove, I am glad to hear that we will be seeing you and your family again. We look forward to accommodating you very soon.

aurora, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

After reading some negative reviews, I was nervous about staying at Key Lime Cove but we had a very good experience. We decided to take the advice of management & other reviewers and arrive closer to check in time and had no waiting. We were able to get into our room a little early and found the room to be in great condition. The waterpark was a fun experience for my 3 year old and even at full capacity we enjoyed ourselves. The staff was courteous and the lifeguards were very helpful. Our only negative was eating at one of the restaurants on site. We had lunch and were one of 3 tables in the entire place and still had slow as nails service. I had to flag down the waitress multiple times to get a refill & bring our check. All in all, the experience was very good. I recommend planning ahead and bringing your own towels as you are not allowed to leave the waterpark with the hotel towels which can mean a long cold walk back to your room. Would definately go back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This place is awesome! The activities director Christine is so great with the kids! There are so many activities to do in addition to the waterpark! We love this place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!