This was our first indoor resort experience so we didn't quite know what to expect, but we were really pleasantly surprised. From the door, you felt like you were on vacation - the staff was all really gracious and helpful - none more than Dan the night manager. He seemed to be everywhere at once and always with a smile asking if everything was ok and if you were enjoying your stay. He's a great asset to the resort - we stayed two nights and even my kids were saying "Mr. Dan is so nice!" by the end of our stay.
We were super impressed with the water staff. They watched the water very carefully and we even got to watch them in training which was fun. We absolutely LOVED that the hot tub area is only for adults and it is strictly enforced - yeah! It was like a little calm oasis and we took advantage of it a lot.
We had an awesome time in the arcade where the staff was very friendly and helpful. It stays open until midnight so we would stay at the pool until it closed and then finish out the night there. The Leapin' Lizards area was a real surprise and the kids had a great time there. My daughter participated in a birthday celebration, decorated cookies, and all my kids participated in the Wii competitions each night. They could go down there and even just play checkers or color if they wanted to which was great!
We came thinking we would want to go outside the resort to buy our meals, but were surprised at the affordable options inside. The hotdog stand/pizza place was a hit with us!
We did have to wait in line about a 1/2 hour to register which I thought was a little tiresome and I pre-paid for a Fiji mani-pedi in the spa which I wouldn't do again because I wasn't all that impressed by it, but those were only little things compared to the overall awesome time we had. We would definitely go back!!!
- Also Known As:
- Keylime Cove Resort And Water Park Hotel Gurnee
- Keylime Cove Resort And Water Park Hotel
- Keylime Cove Gurnee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KeyLime Cove offers something for everyone at its all thrills, no chills indoor oasis. The Key West inspired resort is a perfect getaway that’s within an hour drive from Chicago or Milwaukee. Relax in a resort-style suite or guest room, or rejuvenate at Paradise Mist Spa. Featuring a 65,000 sq ft Indoor Waterpark other resort amenities include an arcade, dining and entertainment, shopping and so much more! For a family vacation that's a million miles from ordinary, reserve some "KeyLime Time!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.