We went to Key Lime Cove for the first time on Dec. 30th for a little getaway and for my birthday. My husband and I took our 4 year old. We wanted to go to a waterpark without having to drive so far to the Dells. It was a little pricey for the room but very comparable to other indoor waterpark hotels I checked out. I was nervous to go after some of the reviews but we had a good time and would go again! Here's a breakdown of our experience:
Check in was fast.
Our room was nicely decorated, comfortable, and I'd give it about an 8 out of 10 for being clean.
Waterpark was a lot of fun! It of course is smaller than the dells parks, but it was nice not having to walk around too far to everything. The air was very warm, water temp was good, and they have the best toddler/kiddie area I have ever seen! It was gated and fenced in with a little pool and three small slides. My daughter had a blast here was not glad not to have huge buckets of water dumped on her head like at most parks. You get to stay as long as you want after you check out. This was great for us since we only stayed one night. Checked out at 11 and stayed until 4. We took a small bag with us and changed clothes in the locker room.
The arcade was fun.
Food was good, we had pizza, hamburgers, fries, turkey sandwiches, and chicken strips. Everything was hot, tasted good and was priced at what you would expect for a place like this.
Our worst experience was the terrible service and long wait at the pizza place outside the waterpark. The park closed at nine that night so they got slammed by people going for food afterwards. We waited in line for about 20 min, then ordered a large pizza, hot dog and drinks. Pizza was going to take 35 min, ok that was fine. But my husband stood there for another 15 to 20 min waiting for the hot dog and drinks. The fountain pop machine and cups were right there in front of him. All the cashier had to do was take 1 min to get the two drinks we ordered. The workers were unorganized, unfriendly and basically confused about what to do. There was no manager present. Lots of customers were getting mad. We finally got everything and took it back to our room.
Parking was hard to find.
They have luggage service but we didn't know about it until another guest told us. We wish check in would have told us so we didn't have to struggle with bags and a far walk.
The safe in the room didn't work. There were a few hairs on the bathroom floor.
Other than that, we were happy with it overall and would go back. Now better prepared to avoid those little problems!
- Also Known As:
- Keylime Cove Resort And Water Park Hotel Gurnee
- Keylime Cove Resort And Water Park Hotel
- Keylime Cove Gurnee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KeyLime Cove offers something for everyone at its all thrills, no chills indoor oasis. The Key West inspired resort is a perfect getaway that’s within an hour drive from Chicago or Milwaukee. Relax in a resort-style suite or guest room, or rejuvenate at Paradise Mist Spa. Featuring a 65,000 sq ft Indoor Waterpark other resort amenities include an arcade, dining and entertainment, shopping and so much more! For a family vacation that's a million miles from ordinary, reserve some "KeyLime Time!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.