“Could not have had more fun” 5 of 5 stars

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Could not have had more fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Everyone who worked there was beyond nice!!!! I have never been called "mam" so many times. Employees went out of their way to say hello to us as we were just walking down the halls. We had a wonderful two day stay. We checked in late sunday night and checked out wed morning. That was long enough if you are not leaving the hotel to do anything outside. My kids (4 and 6) LOVED it. We usually go to Wis Dells every few months and thought we'd try something closer...I was pretty sure it would not live up to the Dells. It was neck and neck.

I have not one negative thing to say about the place...okay food was nothing special in the resturant. Nice to have the pizza and hot dog place just steps from our room and the entranace to the water park too. At the Dells we'd often walk for 15 minutes through the hotel just to get to the water park.

Oh and I do think you have to put your sign up for room service if you want it.

869 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010 via mobile

My family and I went to Key lime Water Resort for Christmas this year and I don't think we will do that again. Check in was a breeze. My three grandkids, ages 5, 9, and10 had a blast but they didn't see what the adults saw. The staff was so rude and unprofessional until they actually made me sick. My two daughters were singled out and told they could not be in the water with shorts and a t shirt, yet there were 14 other people in the water with the exact same thing on, Two ladies with jogging pants on, a man with a pair of underwear on, an Arab woman was fully dressed all the way to the head garb . And my 2 daughters were the only ones asked to get out of the water! When we complained, we were told the others will be asked out of the water also. But they never were. The food was way over priced and nasty. When we got ready to leave the water park, we were told we could not leave with a towel. So we were forced to walk down the freezing hall with wet swimming suits on! The refrig would't get cold. Trip?

• Stayed December 2010
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Dear brendakaynash,

I sincerely apologize for your family’s experience and would like to thank you very much for your feedback as it has gives us the opportunity to improve. It sounds like your grandkids had fun and I’m glad they enjoyed the waterpark.

We do allow guests to wear a t-shirt or religious clothing over their swimsuits. However, due to Illinois State Health Codes all guests must wear swimsuits. Also, waterpark towels are kept in the waterpark at all times so that we can be sure to have enough for all of our guests. I apologize for this situation and have passed on your concerns to the appropriate managers.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we do hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Hammond, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

From the nice welcome at reservations(Devin), seeing Mgr. Dan who introduced himself, after always seeing him everywhere helping out, always keeping on top of things, and D.W. Anderson employee ( Brittany ) looking everywhere, tracking me down to get a photo back to me that I left on the restaurant table. Professional, alert life guards at the waterpark, helping the kids learn things. This kinda sums up a wonderful experience here, mostly because of the great staff at Key Lime Cove. I just can't believe that anyone could leave a negative about this place. Everyone wants to, and is looking foward to coming back. Todd Pers

Midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

First and most importantly, our little kids loved the water park. We went on the first Friday of December break, and the water park was not very busy. They had a ball, really. But my husband and I noticed some pretty unhappy things: the food at Crazy Toucan was practically inedible. Dry to the point of dessicated, and just stale/nasty. In the same way, the candy sold at the fabulous-looking candy shop was ancient and tasteless. Really disappointing. The rooms were unclean -- not filthy, but just stale and somewhat grimy. There is NO room service. There is room delivery in the morning of pre-packaged food items like muffins and juice cartons, but no hot food, and all WAY over-priced with a delivery fee. Finally, the noise in the hallway kicked in around 10 pm and didn't end all night. There were kids racing and screaming and banging around -- lots of them, from ages 4 to 12 or older --for hours. Hello? Parents? Hotel managers? Bottom line is that Key Lime is touted as a RESORT, but it has fallen way short of resort amenities. If it advertised itself as "Water Park with lower-end, Super 8-style accomodations" and dropped its price by 2/3, that would be more honest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Dear CamdenFoster,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. We truly appreciate all of our guest feedback.

It sounds like you picked a perfect time to enjoy our waterpark and I’m glad that you and your family had so much fun. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with some of our food items. Please know that I did pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage Director.

We do, however, encourage our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as food quality, cleanliness, and security, as they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion. In addition, hot food items are offered through our room delivery service and we are looking to add to this menu, as well as adding room service.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and we do hope you will consider us again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010 via mobile

I live literally on the same street as this place, Dilleys Rd. I never would of gone since I live so close, and my cousins were in from Cali, my aunt from Chicago chose Keylime Cove as a place to take them for a weekend. The place is pretty ghetto, everyone is teenagers who go to Warren High School and make minimum wage so you would expect the place to be operating in less than premium settings. If you want a beach, palm trees, and paradise. Don't go to Gurnee, its like hell frozen over compared to a tropical joke. Go out of the U.S if you want real vacationing

• Stayed June 2010
Dear DaBears1985,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please know that KeyLime Cove works hard to make each and every one of our guest’s experiences a truly amazing and memorable one. I truly hope that your relatives had a splash-tastic stay when they visited us.

Please feel free to email slumi@keylimecove.com if you do have any issues that you want to address. I would be more than happy to discuss a specific concern with you.

We love our local guests, who do visit the resort regularly. If you don’t have an interest in staying the night you are always more than welcome to enjoy our arcade, eateries, or spa.

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed overnight on Nov 13th. I went with my spouse, my two sons and my nephew. I thought the room was nice and the water park was lovely. The fridge in our room was not working, not a big deal. I'm not a complainer so I just filled the sink with ice and made due. At about 9pm the children were at the arcade and I was having some appetizers when my nephew informed me that Stephanie, a lady that works at the little store where they sell candy, was being rude to them. I have an 11 year old with special needs and she asked my son if he had been hit in the head too many times because he was stupid. I was outraged because this is coming from an adult. I saw the manager and she apologized and my son was offered a free ice cream cone. Luckily my son doesnt pick up on someone degrading him but my nephew did. I was very upset and shed a few tears but needless to say I will not be returning!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear artickiss,

On behalf of the entire resort, I would like to apologize for your family’s experience. Please know that we value each and every one of guests and strive to provide all of our guests with a splash-tacular stay.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family.

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had such a good time here we all welled up when we were leaving.This park was great for the young at heart and the young!!..I had 4 kids with me from a 3,4,7 and a 13 year old girl! They had two sections that were catored toward small children- one was gated for even safer baby play! The babies had 3 water slides that were safe for them to go on over and over. The prices were not outrageous like most resorts weve been to and almost everything was good. One thing I say skip was the cold sandwiches in the water park itself. However we had a buffet for Thanksgiving fit for a king! We also had a breakfast buffet that was surprisingly affordable. Small children ate free. Want a full bar and gourmet food? Go to Crazy Toucan's!! The smell drew us in and we were so happy! The theme is so amazing for a few days I was not in Illinois but rather on an Island somewhere. I loved that you didnt have to be stressed about being dressed too...that made us relax and have a good time! There is a Huge arcade sure to please all. Friday night they had a all ages dance party...and we LOVED IT! We also purchased a Hawaiin art name sign that was too beautiful for words. ONLY $30!! Matted. The only thing this place was missing for me was chinese take out..lol. I could of went and got some or maybe ordered in. Nahhhh. Crazy Toucans was calling me again..I CANT WAIT to come back!!! ps I could of stood for more night life there...but I was too tired from the park to really care.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!